Beginners and Beyond

1.10 DAILIES (Read 43 times)

happylily

I wore more makeup when I was young and adequately presentable and didn't need any of that. Now that I'm wrinkly around the eyes and plain all over, I've decided to ditch the face paint. Go figure... I don't think I could stand the feel of foundation and blush on my cheeks, now.

Damaris, you're an independent woman, right? A professional... Why are you waiting for your DH to purchase the TM? As a way to get back at him? I know much more efficient ways for that, you know... 

Another hour before I can go run. I'm afraid to lose my motivation if I don't start soon...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

I love not wearing makeup but I have no choice.  Image is everything in what I do for a living and I'm in public 90% of the time, so I have to.  At home, I don't wear any ever.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

6.5 miles this morning - outside! - massage this afternoon - kyukido testing tonight. It was nice to get outside, since this may be my only outside run this week. Forecast calls for freezing rain and snow overnight, and while the idea of a 20+ mile long run on the TM is pure torture, the idea of slipping on ice and getting hurt worries me more.

Marjorie - My car's check engine came on during the really cold weather for about half a day, but then turned off. I think in my case there may have been ice built up on the sensor. Hope you get your new car before you have plunk the money down on a repair.

Not cold enough here.  The good news is my new car is on its way.  I'm hoping it will be here next week so I won't have to repair this one.  I'm traveling most of next week so my car won't be being driven around so that is a good thing too!

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Scotty as much as the repair will cost it would be an awful lot of running shoes.  I'll look at it more as 3 car payments, at least!

Marjorie

Yugo8

WHAT ABOUT THE MAKEUP?  Men don't get it!

I am sure you have more than 30 minutes for lunch, though.  My issue is that I have court in the morning, 30 minutes lunch (if I can) and another set of court in the afternoon.  Plus its 100F at lunch time.  So you cannot make me!

Seriously, I wish I could run at lunch.  I would be able to do much more mileage.  Maybe when my TM gets ordered (ahem, husband), I could do some miles at lunch the only day I work from home.

Oh, man.  I am in private practice (3 years out) and it's been okay so far.  That's a very busy schedule!  Re: makeup, the waterproof mascara I put on in the morning stays on no matter what, and, otherwise, I mostly don't care. Smile

I can take off my suit, run 5 miles, shower, and put it all back on and be done in one hour, exactly.  Years of practice at previous job.

That's good. Today, my 6-mile run of 54 minutes took a total of about 1:45.This includes driving to the gym to shower, since we have nothing at my office. Oh and then I still actually need to eat, which I do at my desk, but still hard to be 100% working while eating. (Plus I need to take the time to post in the dailies!) My hours are reasonably flexible, but I don't think I could get away with doing this every day. And really I would prefer to be running 8+, to get in the mileage I would like to have.

I can make the time mornings & evenings, but I prefer not to run in the dark, and that puts me on the hated treadmill. Need to make something work. Thinking about trying to work in some doubles -- 5-6 miles outside at lunch + 3-4 miles on the treadmill in the evening. Of course that means more laundry.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Oh, man.  I am in private practice (3 years out) and it's been okay so far.  That's a very busy schedule!  Re: makeup, the waterproof mascara I put on in the morning stays on no matter what, and, otherwise, I mostly don't care. Smile

LOL.  If I had an hour for lunch, I could, but they skimp here in the government.  We are supposed to have lost 30 minutes of lunch in exchange for a morning and afternoon break of 15 minutes each but that never happened (meaning they took away 30 minutes for lunch and never gave it back).

In private practice I could do whatever I wanted I am sure.  Although I mostly don't care and don't wear makeup anywhere else, I need to represent these guys to my utmost ability.

Now hair is another matter.  Fucking humidity makes my hair looks kinky most of the time.  Must be my African roots.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

That's good. Today, my 6-mile run of 54 minutes took a total of about 1:45.This includes driving to the gym to shower, since we have nothing at my office. Oh and then I still actually need to eat, which I do at my desk, but still hard to be 100% working while eating. (Plus I need to take the time to post in the dailies!) My hours are reasonably flexible, but I don't think I could get away with doing this every day. And really I would prefer to be running 8+, to get in the mileage I would like to have.

I can make the time mornings & evenings, but I prefer not to run in the dark, and that puts me on the hated treadmill. Need to make something work. Thinking about trying to work in some doubles -- 5-6 miles outside at lunch + 3-4 miles on the treadmill in the evening. Of course that means more laundry.

I did doubles during the first year with asthma mostly because my lungs couldn't deal with the humidity at WTF and the heat at OMG for a full 10 miles a day, so I was doing a morning short TM run and an afternoon longish run to make up for the miles.  Doubles are a good idea to put easy miles in.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

happylily

Regarding doubles, I'm the opposite. I have a hard time with them. I don't mind facing the boredom of the TM for 90 minutes a day, but ask me to go twice on it, 45 minutes each time and it's like torture for me. However, when I run outside in the summer, I'll happily run in the morning and again before supper. It's all mental, I suppose.

Now I can go run! See you later!

Docket_Rocket

Regarding doubles, I'm the opposite. I have a hard time with them. I don't mind facing the boredom of the TM for 90 minutes a day, but ask me to go twice on it, 45 minutes each time and it's like torture for me. However, when I run outside in the summer, I'll happily run in the morning and again before supper. It's all mental, I suppose.

Now I can go run! See you later!

That is why I did a mix of TM and outside.  I wouldn't be able to stand it otherwise.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Scotty...it's actually an inter-club race so yes, all my runner friends are racing as well. It's a fun little event, usually about 60+ runners representing about 8 different clubs. They score it cross country style, and lots of people just run for fun.

off for some recovery miles. Yay Friday!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

happylily

Enjoy the recovery miles, SIAR! (btw, I do agree with you that running at race pace too often isn't a smart idea. And smart I am not.)

11 miles done. First 10 @ 7:53 mpm, last mile cool down. Overall average: 7:58.

LRB

Tonight will be my first day on the road to 100 pushups using this free app I downloaded.  Wish me luck!

Hopefully it goes better than my plank challenge.  That lasted about 12 days!

Supp crew!

What a bizarre day it has been, and in other news, today was a weird ass day.  lol

LRB

...off for some recovery miles. Yay Friday!

How did the light spurs work for you?  Some of the concerns from reviews seem to revolve around the product coming off during the run.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

How did the light spurs work for you?  Some of the concerns from reviews seem to revolve around the product coming off during the run.

The spurs are awesome.  They'll pop off is you have them upside down, but otherwise they're really secure.  I guess if you're someone that clips his heels they could come off, but it seems like that falls under the category of user error to me.  I just don't think you can beat the visibility they provide, and they even give you enough ambient light that you can see a little bit ahead of you too.

Lily...I don't know, you strike me as pretty bright...there's something inherently right about training at a pace if you're going to be trying to hold it in a race.  You were faster than me today, btw.

6 miles in the books.  Lots of fog out, but temps in the low 40s made it really nice to be out.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn