Beginners and Beyond

1.10 DAILIES (Read 43 times)

delicate flower

GOOD EVENING THEN!  8 miles done on the treadmill.  Medium effort progression run, 8:00 avg pace.  It is going to rain like hell tomorrow and it's going to be 40's and 50's for the next week.  Looks like the rail trail will be clear again!

Work as gone better than expected the past two days and I have decided I don't need to go in tomorrow.  HOORAY!!

<3

StepbyStep-SH

Well, I was supposed to test for my next kyukido belt tonight, but the road condition report says the highway from my house to the town where the studio is located is "ice covered." Guess I'll test next month. Not worth it.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

The spurs are awesome.  They'll pop off is you have them upside down, but otherwise they're really secure.  I guess if you're someone that clips his heels they could come off, but it seems like that falls under the category of user error to me.

The one reviewer did say he hit his feet often.  You use one or two?

LRB

Well, I was supposed to test for my next kyukido belt tonight, but the road condition report says the highway from my house to the town where the studio is located is "ice covered." Guess I'll test next month. Not worth it.

Your ribs just released a sigh of relief. 

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

The one reviewer did say he hit his feet often.  You use one or two?

Only one...I could see how that might happen with two. If I wanted to double up, I'd get the arm band and wear that on the opposite side of the spur. I don't think it's really necessary though.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Re: Running during lunch breaks....I also only get a half hour. But it usually ends up being less. I have a therapy session that goes until 12:00 and another that starts at 12:30. Meaning by the time I drop my kid off in his classroom, go to the bathroom (usually the only time I can go all day) check work email (also don't get much time to do this) it is usually 12:10. I train between 11:00 and 12:00 minute miles....yeah no. Lol

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I finally did my 7 miles, after putting them off for three days.

Damaris

LRB

Re: Running during lunch breaks....

I am such a morning runner that if I were not able to run before work anymore, I would seriously injure someone.  I know a lot of people are unable to do it but it works for me on many levels.

I do have a shower at work so I could run on my lunch but have never needed to consider it.

I am such a morning runner that if I were not able to run before work anymore, I would seriously injure someone.  I know a lot of people are unable to do it but it works for me on many levels.

I do have a shower at work so I could run on my lunch but have never needed to consider it.

I do like the morning run, during the time of year when the sun comes up early. This time of year I would need headlamp or knuckle lights in my neighborhood, which I haven't gotten around to buying. And I am still a bit nervous because with the current conditions, you need to be able to see the path in front of you REALLY well to make sure you are avoiding the ice. Maybe they do work well enough, just haven't tried them.

Dave

Hip Redux

I was out the other night with my knuckle lights.  A few observations:

1)  They are really bright for oncoming traffic because every time someone approached me, they slowed way down like "What the heck is that!" sort of response.   Plus, I saw my husband coming the other way with HIS knuckle lights and yep - could see him at least 1/4 mile away.

2)  While it was bright enough to know where I was going, it was not bright enough to really see the icy spots well.  Or to see more than a few steps ahead of me.   It was OK - but probably not the greatest in snowy/icy/blech conditions.

YMMV

LRB

I do like the morning run, during the time of year when the sun comes up early. This time of year I would need headlamp or knuckle lights in my neighborhood, which I haven't gotten around to buying.

Yeah I would have sworn on a stack of bibles a year ago that I would never run in the dark but I ended up doing just that!  It is actually kind of cool.  But yes, you definitely need to be able to see the surface in the crap that we have had the past month.

LRB

1)  They are really bright for oncoming traffic because every time someone approached me, they slowed way down like "What the heck is that!" sort of response.   Plus, I saw my husband coming the other way with HIS knuckle lights and yep - could see him at least 1/4 mile away.

2)  While it was bright enough to know where I was going, it was not bright enough to really see the icy spots well.  Or to see more than a few steps ahead of me.   It was OK - but probably not the greatest in snowy/icy/blech conditions.

3) YMMV

FYP. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

YMMV

I love my knuckle lights to blind asshole drivers but I agree that they might not be bright enough for the floor unless you point them that way.  Did you use the first choice or the second?  The second one is less bright.

Damaris

Zelanie

My knuckle lights honestly don't seem all that bright, but I just got a headlamp and it seems like it kind of freaks the dogs out that I pass when I'm out running.

Not a good run for me.  I was "supposed" to get 13, but ended up with 2 miles feeling great, 2 miles of GI issues, and 5 more miles somehow before I decided that enough was enough.  I think I was trying to cram too much quality work into too few days because I have a busy weekend, plus there is some stress in other areas too.  Oh well.  Next run is always better, right?