Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES Don't Wanna Stop (Read 38 times)

Good Tuesday morning, people!

I awoke at my usual early time. I foam rolled my feet, calves, quads, hamstrings, IT band, glutes, and shoulder blades.

i'm going back to bed or another hour.

LRB

What is this foam roller you speak of?

I am up much too early as well, I will be back in an hour or so.

StepbyStep-SH

I'm awake. But I don't want to be.

Need to get some work done so that I can go to the Y after taking DS to school - plan for 6 miles easy and a strength training class.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

delicate flower

Good morning and Happy Tuesday!  No meetings on my calendar today.  HOORAY!  I am getting a new work computer this morning.  The one I'm on now is 7-8 years old.  HOORAY NEW WORK TOYS!  Hopefully this IE 8 will be upgraded.

8 miles planned after work today.  I woke up at 1:30 this morning drenched in sweat.  Why does that happen?  Meh.

<3

happylily

Good morning and Happy Tuesday!  No meetings on my calendar today.  HOORAY!  I am getting a new work computer this morning.  The one I'm on now is 7-8 years old.  HOORAY NEW WORK TOYS!  Hopefully this IE 8 will be upgraded.

8 miles planned after work today.  I woke up at 1:30 this morning drenched in sweat.  Why does that happen?  Meh.

Early menopause?

Tuesday is usually speedwork day for me. But Pfitz is trying to confuse my body by moving the 12 miler with 6 at tempo to Friday night. Then 7 on Saturday and 22 on Sunday. I guess he wants me to run the LR very tired. Jerk. Anyway, tonight is a little 9 miler at easy pace.

Have a nice day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

hog4life

Early menopause?

Tuesday is usually speedwork day for me. But Pfitz is trying to confuse my body by moving the 12 miler with 6 at tempo to Friday night. Then 7 on Saturday and 22 on Sunday. I guess he wants me to run the LR very tired. Jerk. Anyway, tonight is a little 9 miler at easy pace.

Have a nice day!

LMAO, oh dear!

I can't believe you haven't mentioned coffee yet.

11.6 yesterday with 7x1200's, today is a RD.

Awoken by the 5:00AM treadmill alarm today. It did not cut me any slack even though I could not get to sleep till sometime after 1:00AM last night. Gonna be a long day. 10 miles.

Dave

Rick, I use this.

Shari, enjoy lifting and running at the Y.

Phil, enjoy the new technology. Have an excellent run.

Lily, have a pleasant nine-miler.

Mitch, enjoy your well-earned rest day.

DaveP MI, bravo on the ten.

I'm feeling good. After rolling and stretching. I had a peaceful nap. The coffee made me feel even better.

LRB

11.6 yesterday with 7x1200's, today is a RD.

That is one helluva run.  You mean a rest day is taking you!  lol

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Another beautiful day in San Antonio - 62 degrees right now at 6:42 a.m.   Will be a bit cloudy and overcast today but a nice temp of 74 degrees.   Sounds like a good day for a 3-4 mile easy run along the scenic San Antonio Riverwalk.  Here's a sample of what I see when I'm down there running some of my Riverwalk routes...

san antonio riverwalk photo: San Antonio Riverwalk riverwalk.jpg

san antonio riverwalk photo: Riverwalk DSCN1602.jpg

san antonio riverwalk photo: Riverwalk in San Antonio sanantonio.jpg

san antonio riverwalk photo: Riverwalk 111.jpg

san antonio riverwalk photo: Riverwalk 2009 June142009102.jpg

san antonio riverwalk photo: San Antonio Riverwalk DSCN6141.jpg

san antonio riverwalk photo: San Antonio Riverwalk tunnel 2009 June142009107.jpg

san antonio riverwalk photo: San Antonio Riverwalk bridge 2009 June142009108.jpg

san antonio riverwalk photo: Colorful San Antonio Riverwalk 2009 June142009109.jpg

And then after I finish, I usually stop here for a nice post-run cold one....

They have a nice wait-staff.....

photo MadDogLadies_zps8936fbf3.jpg

And always remember to pat the Mascot on the way in for luck.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

Tuesday is usually speedwork day for me. But Pfitz is trying to confuse my body by moving the 12 miler with 6 at tempo to Friday night.

Blasphemy!  Shall I send my boys to handle this Pfitz for ya? 

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I would love for it to be 62F here.

I biked last night.  Very slowly.  It went well.  I need to call the doctor to get an earlier appointment because the UTI looks like an ABx resistant bacteria.  I need this solved now.

A walk tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Going back to bed for another hour?  Do you have the day off today, Basya?  Must be nice!

Hope your workout and miles went well, Step!  And hope your weather has improved somewhat!

Good luck with the 8 miles and happy new computer, Baboon!  Sorry about the night sweats, I can relate to that...happens to me sometimes when I 'dream' of some of my past experiences in the military

Dang, lily, that is a heckuva running schedule for 3 days in a row!  Good thing you are Wonder Woman and can handle it all! 

Congrats on the miles and intervals, Mitch, and enjoy the rest day!

Your treadmill has an alarm, DaveP?  How rude!   You got 10 miles in already?  Dang. I wish I was as energetic a morning person as you!

Good morning, LRB!  Hope you've had your coffee now and your day will go great for you!

Very slowly or not, congrats on your biking, Damaris!   Sorry about the UTI though, hope that gets resolved quickly!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

Another beautiful day in San Antonio - 62 degrees right now at 6:42 a.m. 

You can keep that crap, I have had enough of minus temperatures!

That is interesting B, I have never used a roller of any kind....speaking of that, I am in need of a massage here soon.

Scotty, the coffee is great, thanks!

Dave, I am heading out to the loop this morning so no TM for me.

Boon, maybe you dreamed you reran your half marathon?

Step, I have been strength training like a mofo the past several weeks.  It is starting to show.  Enjoy yours!

Good morning D!

delicate flower

I am getting a new work computer this morning.

New laptop won't connect to docking station, and so I will now have to wait for a replacement to be ordered.  Figures.

<3