Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Yay February O_o (Read 33 times)

LRB

Yo.

Tomorrow's the big day when we'll see if the fat rodent will predict six more weeks of winter or an early spring. The odds for the latter are not in our favor, but either way it's nice to have two of the winter months behind us.

LRB

I have 8 today so I'm getting out of here early ffs. I've thought of every practical way I could to run them outside and it's just not a smart idea with all the crap that has fallen the past two days, so back to the belt it is. Hmph.

'Sup?

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I predict Spring will not arrive until March 20th.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

No more marathons

An easy 6 on the schedule - I can do that.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

delicate flower

SRD (lame).  At the airport headed to Denver.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Working from home starting today, through Monday or thereabouts.

Don't worry. I know Summer will arrive in Miami the day I am ready to do my test run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I predict Spring will not arrive until March 20th.

Where did you hear this? On whose authority? I demand an inquisition.

Cyberic

Run commute.

Took the ol' balaclava out today. Ninja look!

LRB

Holy shit. LOOK AT THIS.

onemile

Holy shit. LOOK AT THIS.

I KNOW!

It was sunny here yesterday and I was having a lot of regret about having to run at the indoor track instead of getting out in it

But it was slushy and windy out

LRB

I KNOW!

It was sunny here yesterday and I was having a lot of regret about having to run at the indoor track instead of getting out in it

But it was slushy and windy out

Yeah it's totally impractical for running right now. Hopefully it dries up over the next couple of days. If it does for you that usually means it will for me too.

Docket_Rocket

I unwrapped the knee.  Whoever wants to see it, enjoy.  Whoever didn't, oops.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I unwrapped the knee.  Whoever wants to see it, enjoy.  Whoever didn't, oops.

Were you supposed to do that?

Docket_Rocket

Were you supposed to do that?

Yes, but tomorrow morning.  Not my fault.  The cotton fell off the leg!  I can't put it back on because it's yucky and full of old blood.  It's wrapped with the wrap again, but no cotton in between.  Now I can ice it better, since the 300lbs of cotton made the icing impossible.

The instructions were not clear, but I suspect the cotton was not necessary for the two days.  The wrap is what I need, and it's back on.  Until tomorrow morning...

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Good news, a conference call scheduled at noon yesterday was postponed. Bad news, it was rescheduled for 7:00 this morning. So had to run earlier and shorter than originally planned. Made it 6 miles, and made it to my call in time.

For some reason my Garmin would not sync with the GC app on my phone today. (So you'll have to trust me on the run.) I typically never have this problem, so IDK what the deal is.

Dave