Beginners and Beyond

Week 11 Penguins need some pie!! (03/14-03/20) (Read 9 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

In addition to Pi Day, it's also Celebrate Scientists Day and Science Education Day, so woo-hoo!!  I will be making some apple dumplings after I get off here, to celebrate.  I'm also hanging out my laundry for the first time all season, and did you know that Saturday is the first day of spring?  Woo-hoo!!

Ok, I need to scurry off, because if I don't get that blanket I washed hung out, it's not going to get dry.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

Because it is pi day, the grocery had pies for 3.14. I got a Dutch apple. I also ran 8.6 on a very windy day.

Docket_Rocket

Morning, ladies! I was off yesterday so I did a bunch of errands and didn't check much.

My dad gets his biopsy today, although that will only confirm what we already know. Sad I felt guilty for doing my two races this weekend but they actually helped me feel better.

My group came up for vaccination and I get mine next week!!!

I have 7 tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

That's great that Indiana is moving so quickly. We're still in group 1A - and no world on when it will open up beyond that. It's frustrating.

Good luck to your father. Will they have results quickly or will he have to wait a week? When my mother had her breast cancer surgery, the biopsy was immediate, while she was in the OR. She went in not knowing if she had cancer, went out minus a breast and lymph nodes.

Jim gets his second vaccine this afternoon. I'll go with him to make sure there are no bad side effects. I'll probably run before the appointment.

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I just deferred my marathon in two weeks. Mentally I'm exhausting and don't want to run (maybe if the TM would be fixed it would be better?) and also my knee/ITB has been having issues for a month and today it woke up angry after my 7 run/walk miles yesterday (it gets better once I start moving but it's weird). In any event, I don't want to push it and am not in the mood of running it.

RD with Pilates class and maybe weights.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Damaris - I'm sorry everything is piling up on you at once. I can certainly understand not wanting to do a marathon when you haven't been able to train for the last couple of weeks and when you are feeling overwhelmed with sorrow and fear about your father.  In French, there is an expression, "J'en ai ras le bol!" meaning I've had enough or, literally, I have a bowl full. I'm sure Spanish has something similar. When your bowl is full, nothing really matters. I hope the Pilates helped a bit to work out some of the stress.

Rainy day here. We ran some errands and then I ran on the TM for 7.5 miles.

Docket_Rocket

Thank you. 💕

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Hi folks!!  I've been in training all week, so I'm looking forward to a nice quiet day of data analysis.  Of course, that will probably turn into something else before the day is through!  I do enjoy that my days aren't usually predictable or similar.  Part of our training yesterday required new calibration standards, so I kind of dropped everything and got those put together, which was NOT something I'd planned to do this week.  But it was gratifying when they turned out to be nice and linear.

Docket, deferring sounds like a good idea.  When life piles up, self-care becomes more important!  Not that I practice what I preach, of course ...