Beginners and Beyond

Thursday: And the beat goes on (Read 41 times)

LRB

Another treadmill run.

7 miles.

delicate flower

'Morning.  Work has been insane this week.  'Tis the season for me.

I ran 6 miles on the treadmill last night, with 5 x 5:00 tempo.  It wasn't completely pain free, but pretty damn close.  My shin is still a little twitchy but it gets a little better every single day.  I was up early this morning for a 2500 yard masters swim that went well.

<3

zzyzx

URD. I left my bag with my change of clothes (and my card key) at home. I at least did some lifting but I didn't want to sweat and annoy my coworkers.

bluerun

Super B****

It's National Hill Repeat Day!  Or so it would seem, since that's what everyone was doing today.  The hill was quite crowded.  5 miles for me (and up the hill three times).

The plan WAS to go bouldering tonight, but since I managed to do this last night, I am opting out.  FFS.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

RunningWithMyDog

Good morning, my runny friends.

URD yesterday due to sick child.  I actually think she was faking it, but I didn't have the energy to call her on it.  My trail shoes were at work, so I didn't bother to go out.  Yes, I'm lazy, and I deserve your scorn.  Bring it on - shame from anonymous running board posters is a tremendous source of motivation for me (this may sound weird, but I'm not actually kidding).

Today will be a fun one: 6 km home at lunch to let the puppy out for a poo and a pee, and then I'll turn around and run back to work.

Then, depending on my mood and/or energy, I will either run home again tonight, or maybe just take the subway.

I twisted my knee a few weeks ago while skating - it still doesn't feel quite right.  No real pain, but stiff if I've been sitting for a while, and it just feels "off" on the inside top front.   I may have it looked at tomorrow.

Bluerun: ewwwwww!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I didn't sleep well due to the coughing and the sinus pressure.  I have 4 and Pilates.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

KCRuns

I need a do over for this week.  Between weather, work, and poor planning on my part, I just can't figure out my life.

I was up late cleaning last night (company coming tomorrow), so I planned to just go to the gym during lunch for some TM miles.  Got to work and got a reminder that we are doing a team lunch today that I forgot about.  I enjoy our team lunches, so I'm definitely not complaining.  I have an urgent project that I've done my part and now waiting on someone else.  If they get it back to me in the next hour, I can go to the gym and run before the team lunch.  Crossing my fingers...  Otherwise, it's an USRD.

I started coming down with a cold earlier this week, mostly a cough, which with my asthma makes my lungs total shit.

Went out for a business dinner last night, ate & drank too much. Got up this morning and did the thing anyway.

7 miles.

Dave

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Wow, everyone is either sick or injured!  I must not have been invited to the party because I did a hard hilly run last night and felt really good (first in a long long time).  Sorry.  Easy run tonight, if I don't have to work too late.

Get well folks!

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

KCRuns

Wow, everyone is either sick or injured!  I must not have been invited to the party because I did a hard hilly run last night and felt really good (first in a long long time).  Sorry.  Easy run tonight, if I don't have to work too late.

Get well folks!

That's awesome! I love when that happens!

+1 on the insane work thing.  A bunch of my clients have major shit going down on Monday next week, so there's a lot of last minute crap that I keep getting called about.  It should get less nuts by Tuesday.  I hope.  My brain is about done with all this thinking.

LRB, last night I did manage to enjoy a glass of the Decadence you recommended, and it's a total home run.  I LOVED IT.  Even without a nearby meteor crash, it was fab.

RWMD, dude, the thing about your kid faking it made me laugh.  My older kid is the biggest drama-queen-hypochondriac ever.  Most of the time I blow her off because whatever she's got isn't fatal and probably isn't even an actual thing.  (Think, "I need an entire ace bandage to stop the bleeding of this paper cut.")  Then I inevitably get smacked by the fates.  She was mildly complaining that her tooth hurt last week.  Monday I called and got her in, turned out she had an abscess and needed a root canal.   I felt like a total asshole for waiting 5 days.  She got the root canal, sans any of the fancy dentist stuff like t.v., headphones, nitrous oxide... just local.  Shockingly, Miss Drama-rama shed a total of 2 tears, and was a total champ.  I do not understand her.  Real pain, she's like, "Eh, it's a bit uncomfortable."  Emotional stuff or paper cuts, and she's a puddle of misery.  Children make no damn sense.  Stick with the dog.  They tend to be more stable.

Dave, hope you feel better.  Everyone in my house has some sniffle thing that sounds horrid, and I'm pretty much mainlining vitamin C and doing weird witch doctor dances in hopes that I don't get it.  I caught up on your whole luggage saga, and that is the most annoying story ever.  WTF people, read the effing luggage tag FFS.

7 this morning for me as well, seems like a trend around here.  I was dragging ass, yesterday caught up with me.

Cyberic

Did a repeat of my Tuesday workout today, but faster.

3 x ( 8min R/1min )

onemile

I ran 7

RunningOnSand

+1 on the insane work thing.  A bunch of my clients have major shit going down on Monday next week, so there's a lot of last minute crap that I keep getting called about.  It should get less nuts by Tuesday.  I hope.  My brain is about done with all this thinking.

LRB, last night I did manage to enjoy a glass of the Decadence you recommended, and it's a total home run.  I LOVED IT.  Even without a nearby meteor crash, it was fab.

Can we talk for a second about what type of wine this is? I may have to try some!

Add me to doing weird voodoo witch doctor dances to try to keep the plague away. Seems like everyone's got some form of "ick". (Hoping you feel better soon, Dave! You too, right, ZZY? Still sick?) Blue, your hands. They make me want to cry. OUCH!!!

I'm taking a SRD. Yesterday I did 7 miles, included in it were 10x400m @ 1:45 w/2min JR. Felt super fast. I fell off the pace with the last 3.

Runshortii

I need a do over for this week.  Between weather, work, and poor planning on my part, I just can't figure out my life.

I was up late cleaning last night (company coming tomorrow), so I planned to just go to the gym during lunch for some TM miles.  Got to work and got a reminder that we are doing a team lunch today that I forgot about.  I enjoy our team lunches, so I'm definitely not complaining.  I have an urgent project that I've done my part and now waiting on someone else.  If they get it back to me in the next hour, I can go to the gym and run before the team lunch.  Crossing my fingers...  Otherwise, it's an USRD.

Hope your day improves! Sad. You’re doing f3 Saturday right? I guess there’s a women’s march that day that starts at 9 but not marching until 12:30.  How do you think parking and traffic getting down there will be? Soldier Field is normally a 1 hour 15 min drive for me but idk how much earlier I should leave. I could take Metra down but I would lose an hour and a half of sleep...