Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #256 (Read 27 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

15.3 miles for me this morning... I am freaking taking tomorrow off... damn it.

Right now my Rolling Run Totals is: Last 7 Days: 48 miles

Last 30 Days: 190.2 miles 

I really don't know how that happened..... 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Nice!

Well, you ran a marathon during that time.

I have 10.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Nice!

Well, you ran a marathon during that time.

I have 10.

Lol actually the marathon was August 5th.... Wouldn't that be outside the last 30 days?

Either way I am forcing myself to rest tomorrow.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Lol actually the marathon was August 5th.... Wouldn't that be outside the last 30 days?

Either way I am forcing myself to rest tomorrow.

WTF, has time really flown that much? FFS.

I am going to blink and December will be here, watch for it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

WTF, has time really flown that much? FFS.

I am going to blink and December will be here, watch for it.

Lol hey now, don't you blink and pass up November!!!

PRs

sdWhiskers

10.4 miles with RP.

We ran along the coast which was apparently the non-official Boston virtual marathon course. Water stops set up and lots of Boston gear to be seen. Totally cheating though. Overcast, low 60s with light coastal breeze plus flat and beautiful scenery IS NOT THE SAME as Boston (so I hear). Hopefully people were able to make the best of it.

10.4 miles with RP.

We ran along the coast which was apparently the non-official Boston virtual marathon course. Water stops set up and lots of Boston gear to be seen. Totally cheating though. Overcast, low 60s with light coastal breeze plus flat and beautiful scenery IS NOT THE SAME as Boston (so I hear). Hopefully people were able to make the best of it.

Baboon will report at some point, but he hammered his virtual Boston today. Also had the benefit of non-typical Boston weather. 

We’re not near any fires, but this morning Seattle overtook Portland for worst air quality index in the world. AQI 100-150 is unhealthy for sensitive people (e.g. asthmatics), and >150 is considered unhealthy for everyone. We’re around 200. So running does not seem like a good idea. Thus endeth the running streak at 250 days.

Dave

sdWhiskers

We’re not near any fires, but this morning Seattle overtook Portland for worst air quality index in the world. AQI 100-150 is unhealthy for sensitive people (e.g. asthmatics), and >150 is considered unhealthy for everyone. We’re around 200. So running does not seem like a good idea. Thus endeth the running streak at 250 days.

Bummer about the air quality but definitely the right decision. Is it any better later in the day?

MTA: Oops, we're in the 120s so not like it's great here either.

Bummer about the air quality but definitely the right decision. Is it any better later in the day?

MTA: Oops, we're in the 120s so not like it's great here either.

Not sure. Has not improved in the last couple hours. Supposed to be better tomorrow though. I’ve been running throughout the week in the 120-150 range, and haven’t seen any ill effects, Funny that we’re nowhere near the fires and it doesn’t even smell that smoky today, but somehow AQI does not directly correlate. Ours is worse than some much smokier areas.

Dave

onemile

that sucks. I saw yesterday that the aqi in yosemite was at 400 

Half Crazy K 2.0

Just under 7 with 2 x 1k. Guess youth soccer is back, tons of cars at the school. Pisses me off that my county won't approve races, but the kids sports are ok and no one is following the regulations.

DavePNW, I thought you had a treadmill? Or did you not move it?

onemile

DB invited me to run this morning with group but my lower back and hips have been extremely tight and sore all week and running has been pretty slow as a result so I declined.. also it was raining pretty steadily. I am planning to do a short slog later but running like this hasn't been much fun

Just under 7 with 2 x 1k. Guess youth soccer is back, tons of cars at the school. Pisses me off that my county won't approve races, but the kids sports are ok and no one is following the regulations.

DavePNW, I thought you had a treadmill? Or did you not move it?

Had one back in MI (which has been 5.5 years now ), but didn’t move it to Seattle. And I terminated my gym membership when I lost my job last year. Although not sure whether gyms are open around here or not, I think maybe they are with some restrictions. Theoretically I suppose I could find one and get a day pass. Or: run 1 mile inside the house! But I’m not quite as obsessed with keeping the streak going as some people seem to think.

Dave

onemile

Had one back in MI (which has been 5.5 years now ), but didn’t move it to Seattle. And I terminated my gym membership when I lost my job last year. Although not sure whether gyms are open around here or not, I think maybe they are with some restrictions. Theoretically I suppose I could find one and get a day pass. Or: run 1 mile inside the house! But I’m not quite as obsessed with keeping the streak going as some people seem to think.

I'm actually impressed

(if you were to go to a gym in WI to use a treadmill you would be required to wear a mask while using it)

sdWhiskers

Or: run 1 mile inside the house! But I’m not quite as obsessed with keeping the streak going as some people seem to think.

There's an older Asian man that lives a few houses away. I see him every morning since April walking loops around his backyard. Do you know what a SoCal backyard looks like? It is probably the same sq ft as your house   but he chugs along. And has these sweet giant headphones from the the 80s with a huge antenna.

You can do this! Lol