Beginners and Beyond

Sweet SaturDAILIES (Read 44 times)

LRB

Supp Flo, thanks for leading us off!  I know you will take good care of your body after that run.  I don't recall seeing numbers like that, training for something big or just lovin' life?

Kevin and Luke, way to get it crack a lackin!

Hi D, no pics sorry babe.  Guess it didn't happen lol!

Supp DaveP, Tom, Ric, Fuzzy, B-Plus, Skywalker and Spark!

Wassup April, Beth, Oski, Shari, Marjorie, Ami, Blue, and Lilac!

never run

9ish 10k race + W/U and C/D and I met LRB.

What a perfect day out, 50 & sunny, first run of the season in short sleeves. Felt great, did 8.33 at 8:48. The aches & pains I felt during Thursday's run were gone, not sure if it was the day off in between, or just one of those things. Hope I feel like this for the LR tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone, seeing a lot of outstanding runs & races going on.

Dave

YAYpril - B-Plus

Amaaaaaazing weather here in Eastern Pennsylvania. The run was great. I took my two RPs through hills, hills, and hills (including part of the RW Half course) and we all felt strong. One of our running friends saw us and honked (we recognized her car, plus she confirmed on FB Smile). Then Melissa and I went to TJs and I bought lots of delicious food.

And for the first time since 7am, I'm sitting down not in a car. Woo.

Glad to see lots of great weather and lots of great running.

Phil, again, I'm really sorry about Jewell.

Luke, sorry about the 5k. You'll get redemption soon.

LRB

My warmup was delayed a bit sitting in disbelief at 7:15 at how so much colder it was there than when I left home.  I forgot to do a cool down, doh!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Afternoon, y'all!

6.3 miles of "I'm not gonna run today" completed. Easy 9:43 overall pace, including the big hill X 2! Automatic hill repeats on this route, if I want to get back to the car anyway.

Time to shower and eat. The lawn can wait! Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Hip Redux

I feel like there should be more details with this meeting of THE LRB!

Luke - details??  (off to go see if there's a RR posted...)

never run

I didn't cool down until I got home I admit.

LRB

You two are funny.  I'm a gentleman Oski.  ; )

delicate flower

Thanks for all the kind words regarding my pup.  I really appreciate it.  We know we did the right thing but it doesn't make it any easier.  Sad

Well I couldn't just sit around the house and mope, so I hit the gym for an upper body workout, and felt like I was just going through the motions.  Then I took the road bike out for 22 miles on the rail trail.  That's my first ride of the year and first ride since surgery.  It felt great and it would appear I'm in better biking shape than I expected.  So, something good happened in this otherwise crappy day.

<3

Jess runs for bacon

Thanks for all the kind words regarding my pup.  I really appreciate it.  We know we did the right thing but it doesn't make it any easier.  Sad

Well I couldn't just sit around the house and mope, so I hit the gym for an upper body workout, and felt like I was just going through the motions.  Then I took the road bike out for 22 miles on the rail trail.  That's my first ride of the year and first ride since surgery.  It felt great and it would appear I'm in better biking shape than I expected.  So, something good happened in this otherwise crappy day.

That's good about the ride. We also are having beautiful weather. I did a 3 mile run this AM with the running group (felt better, very little pain) and couldn't resist a bike ride this afternoon. I only did 6 though.

Docket_Rocket

I have not received the Hokas.  I ordered the trail ones, though, so I wouldn't be running much in them before the 50K.  Having said that, today I needed that extra comfort because everything hurts.  The boardwalk is a hard surface (bricks) so I think that is why I'm feeling like I actually did an ultra, haha.

Hey everyone.  My 24 was great...big confidence booster.  I ran 16 with the group at a fairly slow pace, and then did the last 8 as a progression (7:58, 7:51, 7:39, 7:18, 7:19, 7:06, 6:39, 6:21).  Being able to get under marathon pace for the last 2 miles of a 24 and not even be pressing has to be a good sign, right?  Overall time was 3:26:42, with a pace of 8:34.

Baboon...That's really tough.  I'm sorry you guys had to do it.

Luke...Live and learn huh?

Outofblue...Sounds like you've been busy.  Good luck getting the run or runs in, and have a nice time with your family.

Ric...Yum, breakfast sounds great.  Well deserved eating after a good 12 miler for you too.

Sparker...You had me for a second!  I didn't think your long run was up to that yet.  Great ride though, and I hope the knee heals up.

Docket...Nice job with the 18.  Sorry you couldn't get more in.  Did you do it in the Hokas?

AmiK...Sorry you're not feeling well and that the run was tough.  At least you still got some strong miles in there.  Points for effort and execution.

Fuzzy...Way got get out there in the gross conditions.

LRB...Nice racin'!  You must be getting fitter if you're not feeling it.

Hey everyone.  My 24 was great...big confidence booster.  I ran 16 with the group at a fairly slow pace, and then did the last 8 as a progression (7:58, 7:51, 7:39, 7:18, 7:19, 7:06, 6:39, 6:21).  Being able to get under marathon pace for the last 2 miles of a 24 and not even be pressing has to be a good sign, right?  Overall time was 3:26:42, with a pace of 8:34.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I concur!

I feel like there should be more details with this meeting of THE LRB!

Luke - details??  (off to go see if there's a RR posted...)

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

14.8 miles @ 8:08. The last 2.9 miles were @ 6:51. That felt pretty easy after doing some recent long runs with an HMP finish. I even wore a shirt for a race I never ran.

Hip Redux

14.8 miles @ 8:08. The last 2.9 miles were @ 6:51. That felt pretty easy after doing some recent long runs with an HMP finish. I even wore a shirt for a race I never ran.

Rebel!