Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES - Why Soil A Perfectly Clean Wine Glass... (Read 248 times)

What's UP dailies?

Got 5 miles in last night. So... for all of you participating in the winter running game. It was not actively snowing last night, but most of my run was on sidewalks and roads and 80% of the surfaces had snow on them. The areas that had snow varied from either hard packed snow, ice, several inches of fluffy stuff, or a uneven frozen mess. I had to jump into the snow bank a couple times on a narrow road when a car was coming. Would you count that as "snow" in the winter running game? I have not counted it as a snow run so far, but figured I'd throw it out there... maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Tonight I plan on a few miles easy.

LRB.. holy smokes it's cold, no lie there.  My key FOB wouldn't work it was so cold. I had to *gasp* hit the locks manually!

Docket_Rocket

Heidi, sorry to hear that.  Hope the PT is more help.  Did they XRayd you?  Maybe you have something else the MRI didn't show?  Wishing you the best!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jess runs for bacon

Yay April! It'll be a fun day with BCR tomorrow for sure Smile

LRB, that looks yummy. I am too lazy to cook something like that. I'm going to mess around with the Keurig, it's probably something stupid I did. Makes a mean cup of coffee though.

Heidi, so bummed that you are still having issues. Have you gotten an xray or anything?

@runjerseygirl

Yay April! It'll be a fun day with BCR tomorrow for sure Smile

LRB, that looks yummy. I am too lazy to cook something like that. I'm going to mess around with the Keurig, it's probably something stupid I did. Makes a mean cup of coffee though.

Heidi, so bummed that you are still having issues. Have you gotten an xray or anything?

Lilac, I went through two Keurig brand brewers before I settled on a Cuisinart K-cup brewer.  Haven't had any problems with it, and it has a 3 year warranty, as opposed to the 1 you get with Keurig.

Do you even run?

LRB

LRB.. holy smokes it's cold, no lie there.  My key FOB wouldn't work it was so cold. I had to *gasp* hit the locks manually!

I went for a run once and took only my key.  When I got back to my truck, the key wouldn't unlock either door!  Apparently, the locks were all jazzed up from non use.  It took me about twenty minutes to finally work the passengers side lock free.  Those were some tenuous moments let me tell ya!

I bought some lubricant and got both sides good and free and now I open both doors with the key a few times a month just to keep things working properly.

Just B.S.

Beth, 20 inches?  Snow and freezing rain?  Where do you live, Siberia!

One might think so on some days but no,,,,Canada, 2 hours north east of the Maine border

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

That's funny about the car locks. I've never actually opened my car with the key.... maybe I should try that one day!!

Today it was so cold my ipod froze. Not a software error, actually got too cold for the screen to work. Music kept playing but the screen was frozen and the ipod felt like a little ice cube. Whoops. Maybe I should put a glove around it or something next time I go out in "feels like" 15 degree weather.

Coderunner- yes it counts as snow. I remember somewhere in the original thread on the BF its said if it is not actively snowing but there is a lot of snow on the ground that affects your run you can count it!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Wow.  My only issue is to have the key to work after a run.  It's usually soaked like I threw it in water.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jess runs for bacon

Lilac, I went through two Keurig brand brewers before I settled on a Cuisinart K-cup brewer.  Haven't had any problems with it, and it has a 3 year warranty, as opposed to the 1 you get with Keurig.

I got mine as a gift, so I'm stuck with it. The leaking isn't too bad.

Wow.  My only issue is to have the key to work after a run.  It's usually soaked like I threw it in water.

Haha, I know what you mean. I've killed my second iPhone due to sweat. You'd think I'd learn.

Zelanie

Morning!  West coast here so just got the coffee going.  RD for me today.  Probably get the dogs out for a good walk.

Lilac- Even if it was a gift a lot of times you can take it to the store without a receipt and at least do an exchange.

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Does my car even have manual locks?  **think**

RMTB I hope you get the kinks worked out in your knees soon.  Sucks for sure.

LRB

Lilac- Even if it was a gift a lot of times you can take it to the store without a receipt and at least do an exchange.

+1

Docket_Rocket

I kill at least two iPods a year.  Even with a cover.  Bags, covers, etc.  Dewpoint goes through them.

Haha, I know what you mean. I've killed my second iPhone due to sweat. You'd think I'd learn.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

YAYpril - B-Plus

Heidi, I'm sorry. Sad It blows my mind that you can do 80+ mpw during training and be superwoman, but you get injured in the off-season. I hope it turns out to be something easy to fix.