Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES - Why Soil A Perfectly Clean Wine Glass... (Read 248 times)

Morning, guys.

Another rest day for me.  Hoping to test things out with a short run tomorrow.

Damaris, you just confirmed for me that I'm glad I went the cheapo route and bought a used shuffle for $10.50 on ebay, lol!  I figure if I kill it, it won't hurt me that bad.  (Though it turned out I did have to spend another $6 to get a charger since it didn't come with one.  : b )

Bunch of sick kids at my house.  Off to go clean and be productive and stuff.  Have a good day!

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Shakedown Street

URD-hungover, swapping today for SRD tomorrow.

Need mexican food.

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

Ball of Fury

Morning dailies!  DH ran this morning so I am stuck running after work today...boo!  These children need to go back to school!

Weezer:  Super jealous you get to go to the race tomorrow...I really wanted to do this one, but we have to go to the in-laws to celebrate Christmas!  I even tried to get DH to agree to go after the race, but since its a 3 hour drive, it was a no go!  Good luck tomorrow and hopefully, we will see you at the one the last weekend in January!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Docket_Rocket

Well, I am a special case.  I live where our average dewpoint for the year is 76.

Morning, guys.

Another rest day for me.  Hoping to test things out with a short run tomorrow.

Damaris, you just confirmed for me that I'm glad I went the cheapo route and bought a used shuffle for $10.50 on ebay, lol!  I figure if I kill it, it won't hurt me that bad.  (Though it turned out I did have to spend another $6 to get a charger since it didn't come with one.  : b )

Bunch of sick kids at my house.  Off to go clean and be productive and stuff.  Have a good day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

YAYpril - B-Plus

Which is nuts. I don't know how you do it.

Well, I am a special case.  I live where our average dewpoint for the year is 76.

Docket_Rocket

Slowly.  Every PR I can manage makes me wonder how fast I would be...somewhere else.

Which is nuts. I don't know how you do it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Slowly.  Every PR I can manage makes me wonder how fast I would be...somewhere else.

Spring races in New England...you'd kill it.  Temps in the 40's and 50's, zero humidity, zero pollen.

<3

Jess runs for bacon

I agree with Phil, Damaris you should come up for a fall race in the Northeast. It's glorious.

Docket_Rocket

I once races in the NE in the Fall.  The NYCM didn't go well for me (that was during early asthma though).  I gotta say the pace never felt so easy.

and don't worry.  I do have plans for Fall marathons.  There are none here so I can only go up! :-)

Damaris

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

and don't worry.  I do have plans for Fall marathons.  There are none here so I can only go up! :-)

Plenty of options!  FYI, this year will be the Hartford Marathon's 20th anniversary.  They are promising big things.  Cool

<3

@runjerseygirl

Well, I ran.  I don't know how far, or for how long though.

I tested out my new toy today, and saved the entry, but now I don't know how to retrieve it.  I'm thinking I won't be able to see it until I get home and hook this bad boy up to my computer.

I'm guessing it was between 4 - 4.5 miles.  I'll update once I figure this thing out. Smile

Do you even run?

@runjerseygirl

D, Philadelphia Marathon will be celebrating it's 20th anniversary in November.  Just saying. Wink

Do you even run?

Jess runs for bacon

Plenty of options!  FYI, this year will be the Hartford Marathon's 20th anniversary.  They are promising big things.  Cool

Phil have you ever run the Hogs Back Half? Looking at that one for the fall.

delicate flower

Phil have you ever run the Hogs Back Half? Looking at that one for the fall.

I have not run that but I'd love to.  I've heard nothing but good things.  Definitely a small, local race.  I was out of town for it this year.  Maybe 2013.  I have already committed to the Surftown HM, which will be the weekend before if the schedules don't change.

<3

Jess runs for bacon

I have not run that but I'd love to.  I've heard nothing but good things.  Definitely a small, local race.  I was out of town for it this year.  Maybe 2013.  I have already committed to the Surftown HM, which will be the weekend before if the schedules don't change.

I just want a medal with a cute pink pig on it...