Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES - Why Soil A Perfectly Clean Wine Glass... (Read 248 times)

Docket_Rocket

It needs to be in a city my husband wants to visit.  We went to Philly when I took the PA bar but he saw the city by himself while I did the exam, so it could be the one to go together.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

buchy2009

Bjørnmannen

Good Afternoon!

Ran 3 last night, was feeling kind of sore.  Happy to have a rest day today.  It is soooo slow in the office today.  I am considering taking off a bit early.

Kristin - good luck with your test run tomorrow!

Jnellt- Mexican is some good hangover food.  Enjoy your day off!

Kay - I have a new toy in the mail myself.  Looking forward to playing with it! (Sick of using my smartphone).

Zelanie

Oh, that reminds me- I have a silly question about my Garmin.  At the end of my runs I always walk a bit before heading home.  I hit the stop button which looks like it just pauses the run.  Then I don't know what to hit to tell it that I'm actually done running.  I've just waited until I got home and then after it syncs it is fine.  But is there something else I can push to actually end the run while I'm out?  I guess I am paranoid I will delete my run if I hit too many buttons.

buchy2009

Bjørnmannen

Phil have you ever run the Hogs Back Half? Looking at that one for the fall.

I think I need to get some lunch. My first thought when you mentioned this race was wondering whether they had BBQ at the post-race party.

@runjerseygirl

Today's run fueled by Gym Class Heroes.

Give 'em hell.

Do you even run?

LRB

Oh, that reminds me- I have a silly question about my Garmin.  At the end of my runs I always walk a bit before heading home.  I hit the stop button which looks like it just pauses the run.  Then I don't know what to hit to tell it that I'm actually done running.  I've just waited until I got home and then after it syncs it is fine.  But is there something else I can push to actually end the run while I'm out?  I guess I am paranoid I will delete my run if I hit too many buttons.

On the 410, you reset the timer by pushing and holding the bottom button for three seconds, that also stores the run.  To delete the run is in another screen altogether.

Try it it with a test by starting the timer for a few seconds then stopping it and trying to store it.  You don't have to run to do it, you could be sitting and do that.

Docket_Rocket

There is a button that says Reset as part of the options.  If you keep that pressed for 3 seconds it saves it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Thanks!  I was worried that button would delete it.

YAYpril - B-Plus

My RP really wants to run the OktoberLaufFest next year. If she decides to, I will probably join her. The medal is too cute.

I got my easy mile and Myrtl done on my lunchbreak. A guy at my gym swears I look like Kelly McGillis from Top Gun. He brings it up every time he sees me, which was also today.

@runjerseygirl

My RP really wants to run the OktoberLaufFest next year. If she decides to, I will probably join her. The medal is too cute.

I got my easy mile and Myrtl done on my lunchbreak. A guy at my gym swears I look like Kelly McGillis from Top Gun. He brings it up every time he sees me, which was also today.

At least he doesn't think you look like she does now.  Eek!

Do you even run?

delicate flower

I love seeing this:

Greetings from Running Warehouse!

Ship Via:  UPS 2nd Day Air

Delivered On:  Friday, 12/28/2012 at 11:25 A.M.

Left At:  Side Door

w00t w00t!  Sorry to derail.

<3

LRB

...w00t w00t!  Sorry to derail.

I'm glad you did.  It reminded me that my new shorts should be here today!

@runjerseygirl

I'm glad you did.  It reminded me that my new shorts should be here today!

More sexy leg pics?

Do you even run?

Will run for scenery.

Well, I'm bummin'. Sad

On Wednesday I started having a familiar stiffness/pain in my right knee.  Same as I did earlier in the Fall and before that in mid-summer. I took yesterday and today off, and the pain is still there.

The previous two times I had done significant downhill runs.  This time, not so much.  Just a very gentle controlled downhill mile or two on Saturday, and felt great afterwards.  All my runs have been easy, in the 3-4 mile range.

The pain is super-minor, but I know from experience that it'll just get worse and worse if I run on it.  From the reading I've done, I'm thinking it's water on the knee (effusion), which is usually caused by some underlying injury (torn meniscus ???).   I feel like I should get it checked (DUH !) now that it's a recurring issue, but I'm pretty short on $$$ right now.  If there's surgery involved I don't think I could cover it.

Anybody have experience w/ recurring water on the knee ? No sharp pain, just a swollen, uncomfortable feeling.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

CrisRuns

Day 9 of returning to run after surgery

I skied at least two hours yesterday, and that followed days of already increased activity, so my legs were tired as I got up this morning. For this reason, I decided to repeat my day 8 rw program with only a minor increase.

Brisk walk to warm up, 5 times (4 minutes running, 1 minute walking), 5 minutes running, brisk walk to cool down. 

I am not used to the altitude and the hills, and I am now happy to be done. Stats: 25 minutes running, 25 minutes walking, 3.7 total miles.

Be well and have a good day,

Cris