Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES - Why Soil A Perfectly Clean Wine Glass... (Read 248 times)

B-Plus

My knee was feeling a bit funny when I woke up, so I thought I might be joining the gimp squad. But it as fine after I moved around a bit. I guess I should keep an eye on it. I got done 3.4 @ 9:02.

I also have some goodies coming from RW.

@runjerseygirl

Ah ha!  I've been schooled in using my Garmin... thank you! Wink

Here's my run from today:

4.45 miles in 44:41.  10:03 pace.  Not too bad. Smile

Do you even run?

Docket_Rocket

Sounds like everything is working out.  Very happy for you!

Day 9 of returning to run after surgery

I skied at least two hours yesterday, and that followed days of already increased activity, so my legs were tired as I got up this morning. For this reason, I decided to repeat my day 8 rw program with only a minor increase.

Brisk walk to warm up, 5 times (4 minutes running, 1 minute walking), 5 minutes running, brisk walk to cool down. 

I am not used to the altitude and the hills, and I am now happy to be done. Stats: 25 minutes running, 25 minutes walking, 3.7 total miles.

Be well and have a good day,

Cris

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

runmomto3boys

RMT3B...I've been thinking about this since your knee flared up: did the pain start right after your indoor track run? Not that it matters, but if it did cause an issue at least you'd know to go conservatively on the track when you start back. I'm glad you have a marathon contingency plan to fall back on. You'll get there!

You know what...you are right about that, SIAR.  I'm going to mention that today.  I guess I didn't think about that.  Thanks for mentioning it.  I'm going in again to see the PT at 4!

LRB: No problem!  Someone else told me about that DVD, but now that I've been doing it - HOLY HELL, it's hard.  I am going to have a 6 pack in about a week, I swear...it's tough and there's a huge focus on hips/glutes/hip flexors and core...all running related business.

Cris: I'm so glad that you are back out now, post-surgery!  Yay!

Kristin: I'm sorry you are battling that darn IT band.  Boo....  I hope you get better soon and that we both get off the IR list.  Big grin

B-Plus: I'm glad the knee was OK when you got out there.  Woot!

Kay: Very nice run today - well done!

LRB

My shorts came yay!  Sorry Kay but these are a little longer than that thong I wore during my marathon so pics would be pointless.

B-Plus and jjs take it careful.

Cris you're winning!

Docket_Rocket

That's not the standard.  Pics are required!

My shorts came yay!  Sorry Kay but these are a little longer than that thong I wore during my marathon so pics would be pointless.

B-Plus and jjs take it careful.

Cris you're winning!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

CrisRuns

Thank you, D and LRB and runmomto3boys! I hope it lasts and I enjoy it while it does.

D, I love your new avatar.

LRB, what time was that exactly? And why do you start the dailies when you should be sleeping? This inquiring mind is wondering.

runmomto3boys, it could be a fluke... I can't run on the TM, it's very hard on my left knee. What kind of pain are you having? Have you been stretching well and consistenty: hip flexors, quads, hammies and calves?

buchy2009

Bjørnmannen

8-plus - glad your knee  came through today!

Kay- nice run!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

9 miles, still on the TM...argggh. It was a fartlek, with 8x40sec hard. I can't wait to get back to a normal schedule. The holidays are running me into the ground. Tomorrow is a 17 mile trail run past 3 waterfalls. I'm very much looking forward to it. Take care everyone!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Purple Toes

Warmed up with strides + 5.39 miles with my running partner. Hilly, snowy route. My legs are ready for a rest day.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

I hope you all had a good holiday!!! I have not run as much as I intended to over the holiday break....nor have I posted on the forums much over the past week. We didn't have our kids from Friday-Monday, so we went to dinner a couple of times, saw Skyfall and The Hobbit, and just hung out together...it was nice. The kids were all really happy with their stuff and my littlest guy lost his first tooth on Wednesday! That is big boy stuff right there. He was thrilled..well, once it stopped bleeding. Smile

Anyway, just 2.67 today, but Friday is usually a SRD so it was better than nothing. It snowed again this morning and might snow a bit more tonight. It has been pretty darned cold here with wind chills ranging from 3-20* and I am fairly ill equipped for that running gear wise, but I've made it work. I will head out for 8-10 chilly miles tomorrow morning.

delicate flower

9 treadmill miles done.  Speed workout.  1/2 mile intervals well below sub-5K pace with 1/4 mile recoveries.  7:13 avg pace.  My legs didn't have a lot of bounce today but I pushed through.  It was a battle. Very hard effort today.  And Garmin is being a big doodiehead so I can't see the data.  BOOOOO!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Shakeout run and yoga.  I feel much more relaxed now.

Off to have a beer and then cook dinner!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

9 treadmill miles done.  Speed workout.  1/2 mile intervals well below sub-5K pace with 1/4 mile recoveries.  7:13 avg pace.  My legs didn't have a lot of bounce today but I pushed through.  It was a battle. Very hard effort today.  And Garmin is being a big doodiehead so I can't see the data.  BOOOOO!

. What'd you do to get the pace to show back up on your log? Do you have to remove the widget and then add again?

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

You mean on the Garmin?  You go to history, activities, and find the run.

. What'd you do to get the pace to show back up on your log? Do you have to remove the widget and then add again?

Damaris

Fundraising Page