Beginners and Beyond

Team 8 - 2014 in 2014. Who's who? (Read 45 times)

fimmx

HI everyone, welcome to a brand new game year. Let's introduce ourselves. Who are you? 

fimmx

My screen name is an indicator of when I started running. My first race was in 2010, screenmane used to be FirstIn2010, too long to type, shrunk to fimmx. Since that first 5k, I've lost count of the number of races I've participated in.

I just run. I'd like to get faster, I don't sweat about it too much. I've been in this game for 3 years now I think, for 2013 I had to bow out due to injury. I've been running very slow these last few months to build my mileage back up.

I usually just lurk on these forums, my participation tends to be sporadic. But I have not missed mile posting even once.

I'm excited to start this game again. I remember catwhoorg from last year, and I think runTDC ran Big Sur? I'm looking forward to getting to know my virtual team mates better over the year.

Hi, fimmx. Mostly a lurker here as well.

I have been struggling with my running for the last 1 1/2 years. I had problems with my peroneal tendon which led to problems with my hamstring which culminated in a long break from running. Finally sorted out the peroneal issue at the end of 2012/beginning of 2013 but have been struggling all of 2013 to get back on track. Hoping to re focus in 2014.

This is my third round in this game and I have been on great teams both years. I look forward to meeting everyone.

You can call me Anna

runTDC

Hi,

I don't post here very much, but thought I should look in just to see what's up. I'm Teresa.  Yep, I ran Big Sur. I have also run Napa, CIM, and the Lake Tahoe marathons.   I am a steady, not so fast runner.  I've been in the game since 2011.  I am also a sporadic poster on the forums, mostly because of time.  I teach 3rd grade in the San Francisco Bay Area.  I have never missed a week and never been late, and I usually hit mileage goals.

Im really looking forward to another year of running and getting to know everyone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Teresa

Aug—Double Dipsea

Oct 9–R2R Grand Canyon, baby!

2024 goals- Run trails, race a few, get a little faster, gain some endurance, enjoy life…😊

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good afternoon to my new teammates.

This is my second year, I'm a member of Mayhem from the 2013 game.  Looking forward to getting to know you and making new friends.

I've been running since Aug 2011.  I just recently ran my first HM and have a lot of improving to do still.  My running is slow but steady.  My weekly posting is on time, every time.

I mostly lurk on RA/RWOL.  My team for 2013 had a very active FB group page.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Robert31320

Team TJ

I set up a FB group page for Team 8.  Let me know who you are when you join.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/704313092923362/

countrycruiser

Hey team! I'm Gladys I sent a request to join the FB group, and will post this in the RW thread as well.

This is my 3rd year in the game, I am very solid poster and never missed a week. I did however miss my goal this year, so I may need a nudge every now and then not to have that 3rd cup of coffee in the mornings and go run.

I have been running for over 10 years and and on a 50 halfs before I am 50 quest. I am 45 and just completed #26.

Also have 3 wonderful grand babies that you will all get tired of hearing about

I am looking forward to getting to know all of you

catwhoorg

Labrat

Heya Richard here.

Half Fanatic, with a Spring goal of moving my PR up by the 40 secs I need for a Peachtree Wave A time.

Fall goal will be a marathon 3:45/50 no sure exactly, depends how the spring goes.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

fimmx

I set up a FB group page for Team 8.  Let me know who you are when you join.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/704313092923362/

I sent a request to join the group.

What does everyone think? Are we mostly going to hang out here (we could create another private user group) or FB? I prefer RA since I hardly ever am on FB but I'll go with whatever you all prefer.

Robert31320

Team TJ

I'm good with a group page here, FB, or RWOL.  I use FB most but will go with the group.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Team 8 is still looking for a few more members to check in. C Erickson, rpflash100, scottalthen, aluneau, BCarv, Iseewholewheat, and tehtide.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Team 8 is still looking for a few more members to check in. C Erickson, scottalthen, BCarv, Iseewholewheat

Robert31320

Team TJ

BCarv to the blue phone!

BCarv

The Running Dead

Checking in here!

My name is Brian and I'm 47.  I'm married and I have 4 children between the ages of 13 and 20.  I've been running for ~1.5 years after doing a C25k program.  I ran two 5k's and one 10k last year, and I'm looking to do longer races next year, with a goal of completing a marathon before I'm 50.  I've been battling achilles tendinitis (which has limited my miles somewhat), but I'm pretty committed to making running a lifestyle.

I'm looking forward to the game this year, and getting to know each of you better.

Robert31320

Team TJ

All accounted for and ready to run!