Beginners and Beyond

Mercedes Benz Cotton Row 10k - RR + PR (Obviously its my first :) ) Lots of Pics (Read 123 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Good stuff, JBJ. Racing is fun! It has been cool watching your progress. Soon you will be running in the 40's. Smile

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Noooooow we're talking Scotty Dawg territory!  Big grin

Nice RR.  Love the animated pics too!

Randy

Dad on the run.

Thanks everyone.

Jack - Hah, we will see about that. I still have a ways to go before I'm running 10k in the 40s.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Zelanie

How funny, the edited thread makes it look like the first few people responded really harshly to your RR. Tongue

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Congrats on your first 10K, and an instant PR.  Also, congratulations on being the first RR I've read with animated photos...lol  Keep up the good work.  You're looking pretty darn fit these days.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Awesome of you to start the race report like you did with the thank you and the Pledge of Allegiance - very respectable.  Congratulations on crushing the 1 hour mark.  You did a great job picking the pace up when you knew you needed to.  That hill does look rather steep on the GPS there!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

delicate flower

Good stuff, JBJ!  Nice job on that race!  Love all the pics.  I think each finisher should get a Mercedes.

<3

B-Plus

Congrats on nailing sub-60! That's a lot of pics. We like pics.

Great job on beating your goal, Jimmy, and the pictures are awesome.

I was going to ask what the prize money was, with so many crazy fast runners there... but then saw the pic of the Benz!  Daaaamn.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Well done race and RR Jimmy.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Really nice report!   Enjoyed reading it and seeing all the photos! Congrats on your 10K, you did great!

And, as a veteran myself, I thank you for your words about veterans, the pledge, and those beginning photos.

Thank you, Jimmy, on behalf of ALL the veterans, wherever they may be today....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Congratulations on your first 10k!! What a great time for your first one, way to go!

Steph 

“I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” John Burroughs

Bin Running

Thanks for sharing, Jimmy. Nice pics and lots of it. Congrats on running a good race.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

happylily

Woohoo, congrats Jimmy! Thanks for sharing! And I always love your pics, you have such a beautiful family! Your DD is the cutest thing ever... Smile

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010