Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES because it's Monday (Read 23 times)

Cyberic

Sorry people, I have no choice. It IS Monday.

Cyberic

Ran on the mountain. 9.5 ish.

7 miles w/10 strides. Figure I should start throwing these back in if I’m going to race.

Dave

sdWhiskers

4.5 miles

Definitely feels like a Monday.

delicate flower

Hey lol.  Achy legs needed something easy this morning, so I picked a very easy one hour bike workout first thing this morning.  I just got back from an 8 mile lunch run, which I figured was going to be slow and tiring, but I felt pretty good and ran well.  It is beautiful outside...sunny and 55 degrees.  Today was also my biweekly face shave.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Vaccine shot #1 this afternoon!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Vaccine shot #1 this afternoon!

Just got mine!

Dave

Today was also my biweekly face shave.

Do you mean twice a week or once every two weeks? Once per week for me, on Sunday nights.

Dave

delicate flower

Do you mean twice a week or once every two weeks? Once per week for me, on Sunday nights.

Every two weeks.  It takes that long for it to become itchy and bothersome.

<3

delicate flower

I found one with a 5k and HM on 5/1, just about 2 weeks after shot #2. 

I am eyeballing a HM on 5/22, although I am not registering for it just yet.  It's a very hilly course but I'm game (825' elevation gain).  I am hoping to find a 5K or two before that.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Done! They want me to wait 30 minutes because of my 300 million allergies, epi pen in hand, lol.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

KCRuns

3 on the treadmill during lunch

Cyberic

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Done! They want me to wait 30 minutes because of my 300 million allergies, epi pen in hand, lol.

Damaris - At least they weren't hovering there with the heart/shock paddles.

5 miles easy today at lunch as I switch to some more midday/evening runs to acclimate to warmer weather in anticipation of my late-April half marathon

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                              10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: RunAPalooza (Asbury Park) HM, 4/6; Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27

They asked about any allergies or reactions to vaccines or medications, and I have none of those. They didn't need to hear the rest of my life story. So I just waited the 15 min like everyone else. It's been about 4 hours and so far I have not even felt the tiniest bit of arm soreness.

Dave