Beginners and Beyond

Mt. Taylor 50k, my first ultra! (pics) (Read 77 times)

Congrats on the first ultra, jjs!

Beautiful pics.  The shadow of the mountain is incredible.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Awesome first ultra, and great pics!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Love the Half

Have you so quickly forgotten NC24 with it less than 10' of gain per lap?

The difference George is that NC 24 is a typical loop course for those races that function by time rather than distance.  I swear that every time I see the profile of a distance ultra course, it's just crazy.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

The difference George is that NC 24 is a typical loop course for those races that function by time rather than distance.  I swear that every time I see the profile of a distance ultra course, it's just crazy.

Maybe because only the tough ultra course profiles are ever posted.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Nice work, jjs. Looks like a great race, and you had good weather that day.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog
            outoftheblue

Stunning pictures and great job getting through that course.  Crazy elevation gain.    I've always wondered about trying to take a break and then running again, but assumed it was going to be bad news.  Thanks for running that experiment for me.  Smile   Seriously, I can't imagine finishing out that race on legs that had decided they were *done* for the day.  Congrats on powering thru.

Life is good.

happylily

You always have the best pictures. I want to live where you live. Beautiful! But wow... I don't think I could manage the hills, respect to you, jjs22, you totally rock!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Zelanie

Absolutely gorgeous course!  That looks really challenging, and you finished.  Congratulations to you!

Ric-G

love those pics...great job on your first ultra!

marathon pr - 3:16