Beginners and Beyond

SATURDAILIES (Read 47 times)

flarunner

Mornin' All!

Sorry no intro, but I do have this for you:

Did 14 miles out in some blustery winds.

Have a great day and weekend everyone!

I was up at 4:30am, WTH. I guess that is what happens when you go to bed a 9.

If I were running today it would be 5 miles, it's a beautiful morning at 48 degrees and a high of 70 today!

instead I have a sales call later hthe morning and a Spring & Garden Show with my lovely DW. Hoping not to spend any money while we walk thru the show.

have a great day everyone!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning! I am about to get that glorious first cup of coffee. Smile

10k for me in a few hours. At 9 it's supposed to be 36° with a 9mph wind. I could do without the wind.

Luke79

Morning! I am about to get that glorious first cup of coffee. Smile

10k for me in a few hours. At 9 it's supposed to be 36° with a 9mph wind. I could do without the wind.

Good luck!

Luke79

SRD.  My legs felt pretty shot after yesterday.  I will do some yardwork though.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow, I'm trying a new route (scary).

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Good luck April!!!!

I am eating my Pre-race breakfast, and sipping coffee and water. In a few minutes I will hot the foam roller, then get dressed. Ugh it is 38 "feels like" 30 with 9 mph winds and that is supposed to remain thedame at 9 for the start.... Sounds like April and I will have similar race conditions.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

YAYpril - B-Plus

Good luck, Kristin! I'm about an hour away from NYC so we can freeze together. Haha. I was hoping it would be warmer so I could do short sleeves and a skirt. It's looking like capris and long sleeves now.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Good luck, Kristin! I'm about an hour away from NYC so we can freeze together. Haha. I was hoping it would be warmer so I could do short sleeves and a skirt. It's looking like capris and long sleeves now.

I had hoped for SS and a skirt too Sad I'm doing tights and long sleeves Sad oh well

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Morning all!

Fla, good early 14; I have my head in a cup of coffee myself right now.

Sparker, enjoy the show.

My DW is going to some kind of home improvement show today with a girlfriend, I get to stay home. Normally I would be concerned that she is going to get some crazy ideas for new projects. But right now we are in the process of having our bathrooms redone, and in her own words she is "not anxious to have a bunch more f**kheads in the house". For better or worse, I cannot do a damn thing, so any home improvement involves a bunch of f**kheads in the house.

But I digress.

April & Kristin, good luck today! 9 mph wind is not bad, you won't even notice it. You will be both running like the wind!

Luke, rest well. Yard work? I have not even thought about that yet.  I will soon wish winter was back.

Dave

hog4life

Good morning Dailies. Sitting here waiting for my HM, it's currently 38 degrees with 50 predicted around my 2 hour finish time.

Good luck April and Kristin!

LRB

Wassup peoples!

Hello ladies, good morning gents, I am just sitting here maxin' and relaxin before heading out for some type of speed thingy.  It's actually a workout I came up with myself so it will be interesting to see how that works out.

That a be in a while though, for now, it's time to find a cup to stick my head in!

Ball of Fury

I actually felt almost normal this morning...the sickness is almost gone...yay!  I ran 6 easy (10:11/mile) @ 5:00 AM.  Only 24 miles for the week, which is about half what I had scheduled and absolutely no quality workouts this week.  It's a bummer just 4 weeks out from my goal race, but can't do anything about it now.  Hope everyone enjoys the day...I am working 12 hours Disapprove!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

YAYpril - B-Plus

Good morning Dailies. Sitting here waiting for my HM, it's currently 38 degrees with 50 predicted around my 2 hour finish time.

Good luck back atcha, Mitch!

Thanks everyone. I'm wearing Jenny Orange. I hope it makes me fast. Smile

Hip Redux

I woke up and the house was 55 degrees!    Brrrrrr.

Off to a local 5k in a few.  Going to support my RD friend and cause, not really "race".    Given my last few times out, likely a walk/run effort.

Have a great saturday all!

LRB

Thanks everyone. I'm wearing Jenny Orange. I hope it makes me fast. Smile

I saw someone wearing Jenny Orange in real life, it looks sweet! : : whistles : :

Good luck to you and all the racers!

Ami, quality workouts are important but missing a week will not affect your race or goal time.  I understand what you're saying but you don't lose fitness in a week.