Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday Penguins are always NSFW (Read 18 times)

Zelanie

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Zelanie

Maybe not NSFW, but strange. Smile

I have a tempo run tonight.  Jerry, I forgot to mention last night that yes, the watch beeps and tells you your mile split after every mile (if you leave autolap on and set to 1 mile).

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning Pens!

Zel - enjoy your tempo run

Today is 100% a rest day for me.  I'm not super sore after yesterday, but I didn't sleep well.  In fact, I didn't really fall asleep until 4am.  I think it is at least in part because my shot bloks have caffeine in them and I'm down to one cup of tea per day.  My body doesn't know what to do with all of that extra caffeine.  The in-laws are coming on Saturday so I'm using today to do some needed deep cleaning of the apartment.  I only have one student today so I have lots of time to do all of the cleaning I've neglected lately.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That is a strange penguin.

Pilates and 6 miles for me tonight.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Well, I only got one thing on yesterday's to-do list done, so I'll be scrambling today!!  Quartet rehearsal tonight, finally!  Between birthdays and family obligations, we've missed a couple of weeks.  So it'll be good to sing together again.

Zelanie -- have a good tempo run!!

sapf -- have a good RD, hope you're actually able to rest!!

Docket -- Have a good Pilates and 6!!  (Accidentally typed 76 first, are you contemplating an ultra??)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

Jill, congrats on the 20 miles yesterday; you've earned your RD.  My daughter likes the March time frame for NYC better than May, so I might go ahead and enter that lottery.  But it doesn't close for 2 months?!  So I'll probably wait - dd might be going to Scotland in Feb/Mar, so I need to let her get that trip scheduled before we decide for sure.

Zel, enjoy the tempo run.

Hopesmom, have a great rehearsal.

Damaris, you don't rest for long!

AFM - I'm going to attempt a few miles this morning.  After I posted about my toe yesterday, I decided to inspect it more closely and discovered that I could add "puffy" to "purple and painful".  Turns out the end of my toe had become one giant blister.  It's painful to even walk barefoot in my house because it puts pressure on it when my toe flexes.  So I don't know if I'll be able to hobble through a run, but I'm going to lace up and try.  My marathon training started yesterday!  I can't skip runs already!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Two nice run/walks done in the last two days.   Tuesday a run/walk around the campus of the university where I work, ending up with 3.6 miles.  This morning, a run/walk of 3.3 miles around the neighborhood near my local YMCA.   The weather in the mornings has been sweeet....63 degrees this morning, very low dew-point, actually feels like Fall.  The afternoons are a different story....96 degrees yesterday and and a high of 94 today, sheesh!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

Maybe not NSFW, but strange. Smile

Cool

hog4life

Brill, the ends of my toes do that quite often, so often that they have formed a callus.

I have not run since Saturday, hopefully all works out for Sunday. With my dad in the hospital again (sepsis), mom is working, the hot water heater has quit so I'm waiting on the service tech. Maybe I can run later or will try again in the morning.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hell, no, Hope!

Damaris

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Niagara Falls today.  We will try to get a run in if we can find a safe route that is not on the edge.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

This marathon thing is getting real.  I got my start assignment today.  Last wave as I figured - going to be racing the sunset =P  Start time is 11am, sunset is 4:53pm...

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Philliefan33

3.8 miles done this afternoon. It was cool and windy, in fact I was even a little chilly at first. When I came back in the house I could smell the apple pie I made for DH-- that was a nice welcome!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

This marathon thing is getting real.  I got my start assignment today.  Last wave as I figured - going to be racing the sunset =P  Start time is 11am, sunset is 4:53pm...

I start usually on wave 3 and get to my hotel in the early dark.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

But that is usuall ly the day the time changes. They moved the race this year one week no?

Damaris