Beginners and Beyond

Freaky FriDAILIES (Read 38 times)

RunningOnSand

What'cha got? I've got 6 later.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I'm hoping for 7, if I can get home early enough.  Possibly be able to finish before my son's YMCA track session ends - he likes it when I can be there to see him run.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
      10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Spring Distance Classic 5k, 3/24; RunAPalooza (Asbury Park) HM, 4/6

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 6 pleasant miles.  I'm hoping it's warm enough in the morning to ride, or I'm going to fuck around and hit 30 miles running this week.

Have a kickass day, everyone!

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

'Morning!  4000 yard swim done before work.  A very short and easy jog on the post-work plans.  Weather for my HM tomorrow looks ideal.  35, sunny, light breeze.  I never get that lucky.  I wish I could get marathon weather like that...I could probably bust off a 3:10.

I saw a pretty nasty one car wreck on the other side of the highway this morning.  The car was flipped over, torn to hell, and had guardrail and concrete sticking out of the bottom of it.  The guardrail itself was torn out of the ground and there was debris all over the road.  I'll be amazed if the driver survived that.  Scary.  Needless to say, the traffic backup was insane, although just some rubbernecking on my side, which in this case I can almost understand.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

10 trainer miles + 5 AlterG miles.  Pending body cooperation, I want to do a long run with some marathon pace miles on Sunday, except that I really have no idea what that means, so ... maybe that's how I'll find out??

This stupid jackhammer is still going all day, every day, and I am going to lose my damn mind (what little of it is left), so I am going to take my regulator to get serviced because I. CANNOT. TAKE. THIS. NOISE. ANYMORE.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and that's it, but since I'm behind on my miles this week, I might run 2-3 miles tonight to make up for it.  Cause I'm stupid.

Big hearing in court about to start, so wish me luck!  I'm arguing against people getting $1000/hour so you know I'll be kicked and punched as they earn their keep.  LOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bert-o

I lost my rama

10 trainer miles + 5 AlterG miles.  Pending body cooperation, I want to do a long run with some marathon pace miles on Sunday, except that I really have no idea what that means, so ... maybe that's how I'll find out??

Have you considered the Adidas Adizero Bostons?  Limited edition.  Your favorite shoe color too. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

bluerun

Super B****

Have you considered the Adidas Adizero Bostons?  Limited edition.  Your favorite shoe color too. 

That actually IS my favorite color (royal blue is not quite slow like baby blue), and that's a beautiful shoe, unlike the lobster monstrosity.  Coincidentally, my 4%s are the same color... and that is probably going to be my marathon shoe, hence the long run this weekend, which I am not thinking about because I don't have enough Ativan to deal with that.

chasing the impossible

Bert-o

I lost my rama

That actually IS my favorite color (royal blue is not quite slow like baby blue), and that's a beautiful shoe, unlike the lobster monstrosity.  Coincidentally, my 4%s are the same color... and that is probably going to be my marathon shoe, hence the long run this weekend, which I am not thinking about because I don't have enough Ativan to deal with that.

I might pick up a pair.  I'm a little hesitant, just because I'm too slow to qualify for Boston.   I'd feel like a fraud, but I love the shoe.

Don't let the LR get into your head.  Run it slower than normal if you need to.  Just get that time on your feet and make it out in one piece.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

bluerun

Super B****

I might pick up a pair.  I'm a little hesitant, just because I'm too slow to qualify for Boston.   I'd feel like a fraud, but I love the shoe.

Don't let the LR get into your head.  Run it slower than normal if you need to.  Just get that time on your feet and make it out in one piece.

It's not like you need to actually qualify to wear Boston edition shoes... I wore Tokyo Launches for NYC.  Because it was the least hideous option.  (Keep in mind, these shoes looked like they had dragon scales on them.)

Creating a route is always an issue because each bridge has its own problem!!  But if I make it through this long run relatively intact, I feel like after that I'm going to just stay on the AlterG until Boston.  I just wish I could have properly raced a tune-up because it would give me some sort of ballpark for what to aim for.

chasing the impossible

Morning!  I have Pilates and that's it, but since I'm behind on my miles this week, I might run 2-3 miles tonight to make up for it.  Cause I'm stupid.

Big hearing in court about to start, so wish me luck!  I'm arguing against people getting $1000/hour so you know I'll be kicked and punched as they earn their keep.  LOL.

Good luck lady!  Kick their asses!  And remember, they don't get $1000 an hour, it's just that someone is stupid enough to agree to pay them that.  And 1/3 1/3 1/3 --1/3 to the partners, 1/3 for overhead, 1/3 for that douche-bag's salary.  So when you think about it, he/she is really only worth $333, max, and probably overpaid at that.  AND, you know those bills get written down hugely since they almost certainly pad their hours.  And collectibility?  Who knows.  Very possible they only actually end up getting paid $50 an hour, in which case, you obviously outclass the crap out of them on a Federal salary, which as we all know is an excellent deal when you consider the benefit package.  (You outclass them regardless, but if we're limited to measuring this by dollars, there's your proof that you do in this sense as well.)  Pseudo logic is my specialty.  Defense attorney skillz, lol. Wink

I ran 2.3 yesterday afternoon, shockingly not in the rain.  I had a meeting near home (naturally, as soon as I walked out of the office, it started to pour and the drive there was sketch to say the least).  Anyway, there was no point driving all the way back to the office, so may as well use the time wisely and it had quit raining by then.  Felt much better than the last couple attempts, my quads are no longer telling me to fuck off.  I agree with ROS, if I'd raced-raced this, I would definitely have totally taken off several days to a couple of weeks, and probably hit a bike for some active recovery on day 3.  I didn't wreck myself that extent, which was part of my plan in being conservative and staying out of the cave o' pain, so running isn't as rough as it would otherwise be.  Also, I canceled my gym membership, so this is literally the only option I have for exercise.  I don't own a stationary bike/trainer.  I have to do something, or I start getting murdery, and no one wants that.

ROS, I don't know when the next one should be, I'm still waiting for Dave and Baboon and the rest of these folks to tell me.  I was kind of thinking about CIM, but I don't know if they'll allow it.

delicate flower

ROS, I don't know when the next one should be, I'm still waiting for Dave and Baboon and the rest of these folks to tell me.  I was kind of thinking about CIM, but I don't know if they'll allow it.

I was considering CIM when I was looking for my last marathon, so this does get my stamp of approval.  You may proceed.  Don't worry about what Dave thinks.

<3

LRB

I ran for 40 minutes.

Running in my hulk hands heavy gloves this week has been the cure. I'm not sure how I was able to run just fine without them in much colder temps this winter, but after some absolute bone numbing runs last week, I won't be trying that stupid shit again. lol

onemile

Creating a route is always an issue because each bridge has its own problem!!  But if I make it through this long run relatively intact, I feel like after that I'm going to just stay on the AlterG until Boston.  I just wish I could have properly raced a tune-up because it would give me some sort of ballpark for what to aim for.

Probably 7:45-7:50

onemile

I was considering CIM when I was looking for my last marathon, so this does get my stamp of approval.  You may proceed.  Don't worry about what Dave thinks.

Don't bother to ask those of us who have run CIM