Beginners and Beyond

The Sundailies are hot hot hot! (Read 58 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Off to go run here in a few. I had a bloody nose this am so I've been waiting to make sure it is good to go. I get them in the winter with the dryer air. Rare in the summer as our dew points are high and my sinuses don't get dried out. So this am was an oddity. So the saline came back out this am. Seems okay so far. Should have suspected as my sinus felt a bit off last night on the right before bed. Now I know why. Gives me an excuse to play on the Internet before I go run.

Marjorie

Morning all.

Marj, hope your nose stops bleeding.

Got out early, did 10.25 miles at 9:06. Felt pretty sluggish pretty much the whole run. I guess still getting used to the heat/humidity? No fuel or water, which does not cause me any problems for this distance when it's cold, but maybe I can't get away with that when it's warmer.

Have a great day everyone!

Dave

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning, Marjorie & Dave!  Morning, dailies!

Marjorie - hope that nose dries up quickly.

The Sundailies are wet Wet WET!  We've gotten almost 2 inches of rain since around 1 PM yesterday when it started. I'm glad I ran yesterday, because with the downpours and occasional lightening, I don't think I want to run today.

Which would make it a Premeditated rest day (PRD). Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

outoftheblue

Good morning everyone!

I'm up early to try to beat the heat.  It was 97 degree here yesterday and  I want to get my 12 miles in before that kicks in today.

Marjorie -- Hope the nose bleed doesn't come back.

Dave -- Nice 10 mile in the heat.

Tom -- Stay dry!

Life is good.

LRB

Which would make it a Premeditated rest day (PRD). Smile

Like!

Smart move Blue!

Feel better Marj!

Supp peeps, need to get out here soon for a long run but I am still trying to get it together.  Ooh, I know; I'll try coffee!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I was planning on running a 5K but my back is still tight, so 6 and weights tonight instead.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Had a great 7 miler last night, with a nice lil race at the end.  The neighbors around the corner were having a party and on my way back to the house at the end of my run, there were some kids out front (I'm guessing high school age).  One of the kids comes out into the street and starts running next to me.  So I gave a lil surge to see if he was game, and he takes off, it's on!  Full sprint for probably less than a tenth of a mile, we're neck and neck, and I wasn't going to let up until my legs gave out or he quit.  Turns out he quit first.  I thanked him for the race and told him that it was a nice finish to my seven mile run.  His eyes got big and he said incredulously, "You just ran 7 miles?!?!" LOL  It gets better.  As I was heading towards my house I heard him tell his friends, "That guy just ran 7 miles!", and then one of his friends said, "And I think he's old!". LMAO!

Looking at my Garmin data, our sprint was at a 4:22/mile pace!!  It was only a short distance, but that's the fastest pace I've ever recorded.  Even my kicks at the end of a 5k are usually around 5:45/mile.

I'll go out for some more miles this evening.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

D2: Wow, that's fast!

Marj: Hopefully your nose quit bleeding.

Everyone, good running.

Went out for an Easy 4 miler, with a fast finished. Completed it at an 8:55 pace. Off to do some mowing. Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

Good morning, everyone.

Marjorie, thanks for starting today's thread. I hope that your run goes well.

DaveP MI, terrific 10.25.

Tom, enjoy your PRD.

outoftheblue, have a fantastic twelve-miler.

Rick, have an amazing LR.

Damaris, enjoy the six and weights. I hope that your back feels better soon.

Dave, great run yesterday.

Brr, fantastic four-miler.

I did the Newton 10K in 57:01.9 earlier this morning. I beat last year's time by more than nine minutes. After last Sunday's debacle, I am happy. What a difference a week and not puking three hours before a race can doSmile

I'm on my way home to shower and nap.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I'm at my parents' house again because my brother is home for 2 weeks from Hawaii and we are having some family time, so I got to run with my dad again this morning. He is doing amazing....he is faster than me now, and has to slow down for me (oy!) but the good news is both my IT band and hamstring felt great during our short 2.25 mile run this morning. No pain at all!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Hey Gang, Happy almost Monday! Undecided......

Was a good Sunday run of 5 miles with a little bit of walking in there as well.

Hope you all have a great day!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Happy Sunday everyone,

Marjorie - I hope your nose behaved for your run.

DaveP - The heat's been a beast for me lately. I've been running in my neighborhood a lot so I can grab water off my steps for a quick sip or to douse myself in.

Tom - Same weather as you up my way, so i'm liking your PRD plan.

ootb - Hope you're able to outrun the heat.

LRB - Enjoy the coffee and your run.

DR - Hope your back improves soon, enjoy tonight's workout and run.

D2 - Nice work showing the kids up. Big grin Enjoy your run tonight.

Brr - Nice run, enjoy your day.

Basya - I'm so glad you're feeling better and congrats on the great race finish!

Kristin - Enjoy your visit with family, and so glad you got to run with your dad and hooray to a pain free run!

Sparker - Don't use the "M" word! This weekend is slipping away way too fast! Glad you had a good run!

It's rainy and stormy here today, so I'm staying in. I'll do some yoga and a little strength work, but other than that I'm going to curl up with the kitties and pup and let the world float on by. Hope all of you have a wonderful day!

Thatsfunny Dave,way to represent us old guys!

Good morning everyone!

Had a great 7 miler last night, with a nice lil race at the end.  The neighbors around the corner were having a party and on my way back to the house at the end of my run, there were some kids out front (I'm guessing high school age).  One of the kids comes out into the street and starts running next to me.  So I gave a lil surge to see if he was game, and he takes off, it's on!  Full sprint for probably less than a tenth of a mile, we're neck and neck, and I wasn't going to let up until my legs gave out or he quit.  Turns out he quit first.  I thanked him for the race and told him that it was a nice finish to my seven mile run.  His eyes got big and he said incredulously, "You just ran 7 miles?!?!" LOL  It gets better.  As I was heading towards my house I heard him tell his friends, "That guy just ran 7 miles!", and then one of his friends said, "And I think he's old!". LMAO!

Looking at my Garmin data, our sprint was at a 4:22/mile pace!!  It was only a short distance, but that's the fastest pace I've ever recorded.  Even my kicks at the end of a 5k are usually around 5:45/mile.

I'll go out for some more miles this evening.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

LRB

What a complete and utter bore that was!  I literally had to talk myself out of heading home at mile1, yeesh.  I just mentally was not into it but I got it done.  12.5 in 1:46.

I did come up with a great idea though; I am going to write the president!  = D