Beginners and Beyond

For those in and around Boston - Planning to get together for a run on Saturday (Read 75 times)

Hip Redux

Here is the latest on tomorrow's official run:

UPDATE **************************

Ok, here we go... We can play a little good news/bad news here... The bad, isn't so bad; We will be postponing the date of this event. There was just not enough time to obtain the proper clearance that an event of this size would take. In addition, the local, state, and federal authorities have been working hard around the clock and have already been stretched pretty thin. That's the bad news.

Silver lining? This will give us the time to plan, promote, and sponsor this event. We have T-Shirt designs being worked on, and some really cool sponsors we hope can pull through. The applications have been submitted not only to do the run/jog/walk, but to actually shut down the exact same roads as if it were Patriots Day for the Boston Marathon. This will give everyone the chance to plan it out with friends and family and be on the same route and cross the intended finish line. The new date, tentatively, will be the following Saturday, April 27, 2013.

Now, a lot of people have messaged me and posted about how to help with this event. Once we have the permits locked in 100% I will reach out to this group and let you all know what we might need. In the meantime, the best way to help is to try and create a buzz. Ask local businesses if they would be interested in sponsoring. Call City Hall and tell them you want to be at The Last Mile. Calls and emails to the transportation department will let them know just how serious we are about doing this. So let's all help get the word out about this event. We can all make this event unforgettable.

Again, I will continue to update you on all things happening with this event and please do not be discouraged, this event will happen. Just like Obama said earlier, "We will finish the race!" I will try to repost this a few times, so hopefully this disclaimer will help to not confuse everyone when you see constant updates. Thank you all for your continued patience and support in this event, and as always, you guys kick ass!!

Hip Redux

OK - we're officially canceling today's get together.   My thing in Boston today got moved, and BR is sick...  want to shoot for next saturday?

RSX

OK - we're officially canceling today's get together.   My thing in Boston today got moved, and BR is sick...  want to shoot for next saturday?

Next Saturday morning I'm running a 5k for a friend's metrowest school.

Hip Redux

Next Saturday morning I'm running a 5k for a friend's metrowest school.

Afternoon better?  I have a 5K in the morning too but I am not committed to it.  Rather be in Boston.

I will be in Boston tomorrow, too, but sounds like BR's cold is a doozy so not sure she'd be ready to meet.

RSX

Afternoon better?  I have a 5K in the morning too but I am not committed to it.  Rather be in Boston.

I will be in Boston tomorrow, too, but sounds like BR's cold is a doozy so not sure she'd be ready to meet.

Afternoon may work, and it may depend on my wife's plans. The 5k is 9am but I committed to it, as my friend is organizing her first race.

Hip Redux

So looks like The Last Mile has been merged with the OneRun event on May 11-

https://www.facebook.com/events/139184346265076/

RSX

I missed this before, and will push it with my running club when the details are known. A bunch of runners from my club made the 40k clock, but not the last one. 1 of my friends in this group tried to go forward to help out as a doctor, but was told that it was too dangerous.