Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday Penguins Have a Healthy Breakfast! (Read 16 times)

Zelanie

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Zelanie

Today is the last day of "Better Breakfast Month".  How are you celebrating?  I had oatmeal with PB2, and a banana.

Tempo run after work.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning!

Breakfast was earl grey tea, oatmeal with apples, cinnamon, and chia seeds, and some grapes.   I miss coffee.

7 or 8 on the treadmill today.  It is disgustingly muggy outside.  Also, there might be a hurricane hitting NYC during my HM this weekend, so that might change my weekend plans a bit.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

PADRunner

Today was natto & rice. No run this morning. Need to do 6 after work.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I had an omelet with spinach, feta, and black olives.  Not my usual smoothie, but DH forgot to wash dishes last night, so I didn't have a clean blender.  First world problems!  No quartet rehearsal tonight -- it's our lead's birthday, and she wanted the night off.  

Zelanie -- have a good tempo run!  Banana, blech!

sapf -- the oatmeal sounds good!!  Yeah, everybody's watching the hurricane ... enjoy your 7-8!!

PAD -- your breakfast sounds like an adventure!!  Have a good 6!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

Lots of good breakfasts here.  Oatmeal sounds good, but I had my usual Raisin Bran instead.  Maybe tomorrow?

Z - enjoy your tempo run later.  With the group or solo?

sapf - I've seen the storm tracks and the models are all over the place.  I don't think they'll know until Friday which way it's going.

HM - enjoy your day off from singing.

PAD - did you spend a lot of time in Asia?  Enjoy your six this evening.

AFM:  probably 5 or 6 later.  We have a respite from the rain this afternoon, so I may be able to run outside, if it's not too muggy.  We had to close up the house and turn the AC back on last night because it was so miserably humid.

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

I had a healthy breakfast.  Single-egg veggie omelet with mushroom, onion, pepper and spinach, and fresh pineapple on the side.  And I drank green tea instead of coffee, because I can't drink coffee without cream, and I'm on a diet...

Zel, have a good tempo run!

Jill, breakfast sounds good. I miss coffee, too, and it's only been 24 hours. 

PAD, have a good run tonight.

HopesMom, the omelet sounds great.

Ginny, I hope you get to run outside.

I'm doing a speed workout tonight at the track with a running club.  I'm kinda nervous because I don't know these people; it's not my club.  And I'm not exactly a speed workout kind of runner.  

PADRunner

PAD - did you spend a lot of time in Asia?  Enjoy your six this evening.

No, I started eating natto for osteoporosis, and got to where I like it and eat it every other day for breakfast.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

I got 7.5 miles done on the TM today.

I also got my blood test results back.  My ferritin level is 30 which is low, but acceptable.  My b12 is low (silly veganism).  I guess I've gotta start taking my vitamins and maybe this fatigue that I've been feeling will abate.  At least I know I'm not crazy for feeling as run down as I've been feeling lately.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Whole wheat toast w/PB&J.

Correction: it was oatmeal toast

Docket_Rocket

Been in court all morning and the afternoon preparing for the possible shutdown.  All while packing my office for the remodeling.  Sigh.  I'm tired.  Good thing this is not the week of the marathon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I got 7.5 miles done on the TM today.

I also got my blood test results back.  My ferritin level is 30 which is low, but acceptable.  My b12 is low (silly veganism).  I guess I've gotta start taking my vitamins and maybe this fatigue that I've been feeling will abate.  At least I know I'm not crazy for feeling as run down as I've been feeling lately.

Glad you got it tested.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

sapf - nice to have an answer.  I know a lack of B vitamins can make a difference.

D - I hope there isn't a shut down.  Will you have to move to temporary quarters during the remodel?

Brilliant - I hope your group speed workout is a good one.  I'd like to try that again.  I had fun the last time I did, even though I was by far the slowest person there.

I ran in intermittent sunshine and occasional fine misty rain.  Not enough to get wet, just a cool spray.  Only 5.5 miles since I was still tired from yesterday.  Tonight we're off to a rare (for us) movie:  "A Walk in the Woods".  It's supposed to be funny, and since it is AT related, should be fun.

Docket_Rocket

I cannot be there or I might die so I'll be home next week. After that I will probably be in the conference room even though my office will be ready because the rest will not be done. So for sure 1-2 weeks out, last two maybe in my office or all over. Better than dead.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Cancelled today's run due to cold and wind and DW having an actual cold, which i will catch just in time for our drive to MA next week.    We walked 3 miles instead.

House temp is down to 69* and DW does not want the heat on.  Going to have to dig out my jeans.

Just registered for the Indy Mini on May 7th.