Beginners and Beyond

My dog has a torn ACL (update: RIP, puppy) (Read 247 times)

delicate flower

She wants to be like daddy!  Poor puppy.  We're going to try three-times-a-week laser treatments, hoping to avoid surgery.

One more thing for DW to deal with.  *sigh*

The picture is too cute though.  My poor little Jewell!

<3

Nevrgivup

Oh no. Poor thing. I hope its treatable and that your pup is ok.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Zelanie

Oh, poor Jewel!  My dog had TPLO surgery last June and while recovery was tough, it was definitely a good choice for her.  She is young and very active, and the surgery gave her her freedom of movement back.

delicate flower

Jewell is 11 and has a heart condition, so avoiding surgery is our first choice.  She's kind of a psycho dog too, so keeping her from running and jumping around is going to be a challenge.

<3

Our dog tore her ACL last summer.  She's only 11 lbs though.  Since she was small, the vet surgeon suggested that we wait and see how it healed.  I guess with small dogs, they can heal on their own, and surgery isn't always successful.  Anyhow, fast forward to now, and she's definitely healed and is normally mobile, although on really cold days, she will limp a little.  We haven't dne a ton of outdoor stuff with her though. Good luck.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Just B.S.

What a copycat........errr dog!LOL

Poor baby.   Love that photo!

runmomto3boys

Awww, no, Phil. Uggh.  I'm sorry.

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Has anyone seen my mind because I seem to have LOST IT.

LRB

...She's kind of a psycho dog too, so keeping her from running and jumping around is going to be a challenge.

Put a 50 lb weighted vest on her.  Big grin

Jess runs for bacon

Aww poor puppers Sad Love that pic though, steampunk greyhound!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Oh noooo! Poor doggie! Can't believe you two have twin knees. They say dogs and owners start to look alike after awhile but that is taking it to the extreme!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Sorry to hear that Baboon, at 11 years old, it's great to hear that she is still spunky. Hope she gets better.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

BruceD555

Oh no! Not another one. Your poor DW deserves a big Ole box of chocolates (or favorite beverage) to make up for all the extra she's doing these days. Two of the household gimpy and a whole lotta snow to deal with as well.

I do love that photo of Jewell but I think she needs to have the matching surgery cap that you had on for yours.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Zelanie

I definitely understand that it's a different calculation at 11 years than at 3! Hope the lasers work for her!

delicate flower

I do love that photo of Jewell but I think she needs to have the matching surgery cap that you had on for yours.

Heh...that would rule.  Big grin

Thanks for the comments!  Poor Jewell...she's my little buddy.

<3