Beginners and Beyond

My Tuesday Penguin can out run your honor student! (Read 326 times)

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

Hey Pengs! 

I experimented this morning with getting 5 done on the treadmill before work - not easy because I already have an hour of horse chores to do as well but I was down in the barn by 5, was efficient,  and I am only going to be about 40 mins late for work. Not bad!  I make my own schedule so can be a little bit flexible which is great.  Feels so good to start the day with a run!

I got a few messages regarding what I wrote yesterday about personals so it seems that more people felt that way than I realized!  I wanted to say it again just so everyone saw - personals are optional, friends!  If you have time, great!! If not, no big deal and it should definitely not prevent people from checking in...apparently it does, who knew?  

Jumping in the shower than out into the snow and sleet for the day...bleh.  And my afternoon call is outside with no shelter - yuck!!

Have a great one!

Liz

Jen2011

Steph, fingers crossed that you have a great run tonight!

Damaris, I second the call for caffeine!  Hope your run goes well!

Awood, stay warm on your run tonight!  How is your fiance doing with her training?  Does she have any races planned?

Jen

Upcoming races:

Covenant Health Knoxville 5K 4/7/13 (and cheering on DH for his 1st Marathon!!)

Rock and Roll Chicago Half Marathon 7/21/13

Tower of Terror Ten Miler 10/5/13

Good morning friends I will be back for personals later. I knocked out 8 this am. I was also fast for me. I averaged under 11 min miles. The first half was tough- wind sucks. Last half I had the wind at my back, so life was good Smile Later Tomas

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Jen2011

Jerry, hope you and DW are able to get a good run in, despite the weather!

Dave, 8 miles in already!?  You are my hero!  Enjoy the coffee!

Kristi, sorry about the wardrobe malfunction!  

Kristin, I'm so sorry you had such a bad run!  Rest those calves and hopefully your next run will be much better!  

Jen

Upcoming races:

Jen2011

Liz, great job on getting in a morning run.  I prefer running in the morning, but I've never been able to squeeze it in on workdays without getting up a lot earlier, and I suppose I'm too lazy to get up before 4:45.  Sorry your weather sucks and you've got to work outside in it today - try to stay warm!

Tomas, way to go on the 8 miles this morning!  You guys are all epic, and make me feel like a slug!  Smile  Have a great day!

Jen

Upcoming races:

Bin Running

SRD for me today. Taper well for sun HM. Be back for personal at work later. Good news for me is RA is not blocked like RWOL.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

KaraInSavannah

Runs the streets

Colonists! So glad so see your shining faces! Hope everyone had a great holiday with the ones they love! I couldn't find the proper forum, then went out of town and have had a lot of family holiday traditions (Nutcracker, tree trimming party) once I returned. I heard of the amber alert, and literally had to search my own name to even find this forum. NOOB! I HAVE been running

SRD today, 6 yesterday. Knee gets uncomfortable but not painful. Not sore after run. Think I'm maybe on the mend?

Gustav- sorry you're on the injured list, but it's great you're staying fit and active in the meantime. that should really benefit you mentally and physically with regards to bouncing back

Kristi- best of luck on that 5k! You having fun with it? re: running bra, that is too funnny! girls on the loose!

Robert- what happened to you? bridge run out?

Jen- boo to the hammy. Hope it feels better. We are some cobbled penguins right now? Who has cursed us? They must pay!

Steph- sounds like you're on the wellness track. fingers crossed! i really need to rebuild too. that can be frustrating.

Demaris- dang girl, no need to caffeine, just check out your smokin' legs in those shorts and that will wake ya up!

Awood- been gone but sounds like your fiance has really taken to running! that's awesome!

Dave- nice distance! hope that coffee warmed you up

Jerry- cold arrived in chi town? Your warm weather lasted longer than typical. button up!

Kristin- ugh. so sorry! But, i would take several days off since it sounds like it's getting worse and running is aggravating it. Sad

Liz- thanks for the APB! I got 3 lovely FB messages to alert me! Smile  Nice to see you!

Bin- yay for your HM! Excited to see how it goes. SET THAT ALARM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T-rod- i've seen you going longer and faster (that's what she said) on your mapmy run. nice build up!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Kara- good to see you! Not sure if taking days off is the answer....frequently the run after a particularly tight-calf run they feel better. It's something that has been happening since I startes running and I just cant predict when it's going to happen. It's frustrating. It hasn't been this bad in awhile though Sad not sure if taking days off will make it better or worse but I can't really afford to twke extra days off...my plan has me only running 3 days per week as it is.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Woohoo, Kara made it!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Philliefan33

Yay! Kara's here!  Now if Scottydog sniffs his way over, we'll be set in our new home.

SRD for me today.

Zelanie

Yay for Kara!!!!!!!!!!!1

Kristin- A worst run ever just after a good race usually just means that you ran really hard and left it all on the course.  I've seriously felt like I sucked for a week after races, and it always gets much better after that.  And then I can stop second guessing myself about leaving it all on the course, because I know I did if my running suffered afterwards.

So you ran a good race.  Don't beat yourself up this week, and next week will be better.

AFM, got my 5 in last night on the TM.  Today is a RD, and we're going to go see Skyfall after work.  Until then, I have an early meeting and a busy day.  Have a good day, everyone!

From the Internet.

Morning penguins! Kara, glad you finally made it Big grin

Liz, your signature just gave me a fit of the giggles

Woke up late so now I'm in a state of disarray. I'm at my desk in my running clothes, I *will* fit my 40 minutes in but not sure whether I'll try to get out right now or later in the afternoon. We're supposed to get a light snow at some point today and I'm kind of tempted to wait until it starts before I head out - more points for the winter running game Big grin

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins all!  SRD for me today, though my knee feels pretty good after swimming yesterday.  I'm hoping maybe I have a handle on it now, which would be good as I want to restart C25k in December.

Gustav -- glad you can get in to see the doc next week!!

n8 -- enjoy your SRD!!

Kristi -- When I finally decided to see the doc about my knee, my appt was 3 weeks out from the day I called.  I guess there just aren't enough docs?

Robert -- hope you keep feeling better!!

Jen -- hope your hammy settles down!!

steph -- glad you're feeling better!!

Docket -- hope you wake up!!

awood -- it's awfully hard for me to get up, in the dark, in the cold, out of a warm bed, and run.  Much easier to run in the dark and cold at the end of the day, somehow.

Jerryb -- enjoy your after work miles!!

D2 -- woo-hoo for your miles!!

Kristi -- glad you avoided the dreaded bobble!!

kristin -- boo for your tight calves!!

Doc -- glad your morning routine is going well!

T-Rod -- woo, speedy!!

bin -- have a good SRD!!

Kara -- glad you made it!  Ice that knee after your runs!

Phillie -- good morning!!

Zelanie -- good luck with your busy day!!

Lauren -- you people wanting to run in the snow are just insane.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Liz- way to go on the 5. Snow and sleet isnt fun....sounds like you are a postal carried Smile

Jen- Thanks, I tried to talk my self out of the 8 yesterday. My sister who is a marathoner is my go to person. She said to shoot for the 8, but that if I had to cut it short, to double up and get my miles in after work. But that for marathon training the solid 8 would be better. You shouldnt feel like a slug. You are rocking right along. We all have our own paths to our destinations and us penguins just have to keep chuggin away and having a good time Smile

Kara- you are not the other Kara....you will always be THE KARA Smile Longer and faster will be my new motto....I had to erase what I orignally typed....its too early for me to get crazy up in here....

Bin- Enjoy the rest.

Phillie- Rest is good....I is 9:30 to early for a nap Wink

Z- WTG on the dreadmill.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

It is back to work for me after a week and a day off. I am going to run four miles while younger DD is at swim practice. Until my IT band is fully healed (if it ever will be) all of my runs are easy. I may try a speed workout now and again, but speed might be an 8:00 pace.

I hope you are all well.

Kara: Nice to hear from you! Smile