Beginners and Beyond

My Tuesday Penguin can out run your honor student! (Read 326 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

Jackie, I like your new name!  Actually, I sort of like to snack on your new name ... Blush

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Snickers1230

Jackie, I like your new name!  Actually, I sort of like to snack on your new name ... Blush

Haha!  It's usually one of my go to screen names Cool.  It was my cat's name because she looked like a snickers bar!  Lol.  One of my friends thought it was because I love snickers and got me a whole package for my birthday.  Not my favorite candy bar, but definitely good enough to eat!

Formerly Jackie_601 on RW

Next up:

4/27 - Green 6.2 10K

Mmmmm...beer

Hey all, tlooks like there were some awesome runs this morning!

I got in 5.2 and it was SNOWING!  I love running in the snow, I just can't wait for it to stack sticking.  Also helps for the winter running challenge.

I updated my log on here (wow really cool, can't wait to get more use out of it) and it looks like I hit my milage goal for the year (800 miles)!  I also passed my weight loss goal for the year (175 lbs)!  I actually wiegh less now then I did when I started my senior year of high school, which is kinda cool.  Now I need to find some before and after pics Smile

I would do personals but its all about me, just kidding I will try and do personals tomorrow.

I am really digging the log here, I'm not sure how I've lived without it this long. lol 

I can't wait for a snow run!  Since I only started running in April, I haven't experienced that yet, but I already love the snow, so I know it's gonna rock. 

Congrats on hitting both of your goals, that's great!!!  Before/after pics are the best, they're always very motivating. 

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

runmomto3boys

Popping in to say I LOVE the title of this thread.  It makes me giggle!

Snickers1230

Finally got the picture figured out!

Formerly Jackie_601 on RW

Next up:

4/27 - Green 6.2 10K

Sloooow.

I'm very sorry to see all the injuries and pain going around here Sad Healing thoughts going out to everyone suffering.

Me and the kids didn't roll out of bed until past midday, I don't know what on earth has happened with our schedule. It's pretty nippy outside, which is nice. Not sure if my partner will be home from work before dark though, so I will probably hit the treadmill later today.

Singer who runs a smidge

Ok, I was playing around with my log, and I forgot to go to seminar.  It started at 3:30.  Black eye

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Ok, I was playing around with my log, and I forgot to go to seminar.  It started at 3:30.  Black eye

whoops!!!!! Hopefully you were able to sneak in not noticed!

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

This really seems like a sort of atypical problem, and I'm wondering if something is off in your running form.  Maybe you're running too much up on your toes?  I dunno, but it seems like it shouldn't be this hard for you.

I am a heel striker and over-pronator. FWIW my dad and brother have struggled with tight calves and hamstrings and related problems too, and they were/are actual athletes.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Jealous a few of you got to run in the snow today. I was supposed to have a snowy run this morning and the weather forecasters were wrong. I was kind of looking forward to it, and the points in the winter miles game haha

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

SheCan

Wow@ everyone running in the snow!  I can't say I'm jealous though, I never crave snow.  I was just happy this week since we're having what counts as fall around here.  It was so enjoyable running on the trails today that I got in 13.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

hog4life

Finally got the picture figured out!

If you didn't get your picture loaded, I would be totally lost.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Steph, fingers crossed that you have a great run tonight!

Damaris, I second the call for caffeine!  Hope your run goes well!

Awood, stay warm on your run tonight!  How is your fiance doing with her training?  Does she have any races planned?

Run went well.  Her training is going really well.  She's finally getting to the point where I have to tell her that she has to respect the SRD.  We aren't signed up for any races right now, but have our eye on a few.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

YAY...Kara's back!  Liz missed you terribly.  Okay, everybody missed you, but mostly Liz.  LOL

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

YAY...Kara's back!  Liz missed you terribly.  Okay, everybody missed you, but mostly Liz.  LOL

*snork*   Hey, I was just trying to keep the colony together and I succeeded!  I love our dailies.  We're just missing our beloved Scotty Dog and I left the light burning as long as I could, bumping my stupid thread over there with his name on it for 3 days or something.   If you will recall correctly, I put out an APB on Scotty, you, steph, and Kara and I"m at 75% success.   Crap, that's a C.  I'm going to have to drag Scotty over here by his headband cuz I only get A's.

Anyway, Kara 's my homeslice.   Cracks me up.