Beginners and Beyond

My Tuesday Penguin can out run your honor student! (Read 326 times)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

That thread worked.  I was just going to throw in the towel, and go without forum.  Then, I saw the amount of effort being put forth to get me back.  I thought...oh, alright.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Bin Running

Gustav, thanks for starting.. Got your message in RWOL.. Smile Heal those ankle..

n8ugv, Enjoy the RD

Kristi, Good luck on 5K #2.. The clothing malfunction is so funny..

Robert, Glad the leg is feelign better.. I used calf compression for recovery and feel that they work.

Jen, Looks like lots of RD today.. Enjoy the RD..

Steph, Good to know the cough/nose thingy is better..

Damaris, Good luck with the 6M.. Is it dress rehearsal?

Awood, Seem like you are sticking well with the 60mins a day routine.

Jerry, Morning..

Dave, Glad you have a 5K coming up. Time to get that PR.

Kristin, Bad run happens.. **hug**

Liz, Agreed with the personals... Good job with the 5M..

Tomas, Good work with the 8M.. Looks like you are doing real well.

Kara, Happy yo see you. But the new avi is a bit too dark for my eyes.. Will set 2 alarm.. haa.. Headband and gears all ready..

Margo, Enjoy the RD.. I am sure scotty will find us.. He know where a party is..

Mel, Enjoy the RD and movie.. Skyfall is pretty good.. I like it..

Lauren, Hope you fit in a run.. Snow is so exciting.. I only get to see them on TV.. Sad

Hope'sMom, Enjoy the RD and glad the swimm helps.. Restarting the C25K?

Jack, thread carefully on the speedwork..

Mickey, such a good hubby...

Paula, Welcome..

SO42.. Welcome over.. I do see your avi..

Brady, Congrats on the weight loss

Jackie, Welcome over..

Jimmy, Enjoy the RD.. DIY roller sound awesome..

Read all post but can't get to all personal..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Jen2011

Glad to have you back Kara!

Jen

Upcoming races:

Covenant Health Knoxville 5K 4/7/13 (and cheering on DH for his 1st Marathon!!)

Rock and Roll Chicago Half Marathon 7/21/13

Tower of Terror Ten Miler 10/5/13

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

I just have a sore arch in my right foot.  I've done way too much reading and have self-diagnosed myself with the early stages of PF.  I also have a sore right calf/shin.  I've been rotating through three different shoes and don't know if that has anything to do with any of it or if I'm just falling apart.  With this sudden onset of nagging pain, I'm hoping I can still get ready for Tybee... 

Been pondering some zero drop shoes or calf compression sleeves to see what they do.  Looking like a trip to the Richmond Hill running store could be coming soon.

As for the bridge run, I"M IN!  They say run, walk, or crawl in the advertisement.  Going to the expo at the trade center Friday afternoon to get my stuff and see what they have there.

How's your knee treating you now?

Later.

Golf ball and bending the toes backwards helped me.  See the videos on RW.

Jen2011

Jen- probably a good call to rest that hammy. Which HM are you doing?

DH is crazy about any and all holidays, especially Christmas, so he and I are running the "Santa Hustle" HM.  Not really the race I would have chosen as my first half, but marriage is full of compromises, right?  Seriously, he's like Clark Griswold...I think you can see our house from space at Christmas with all the lights he puts up.  

Jen

Upcoming races:

Covenant Health Knoxville 5K 4/7/13 (and cheering on DH for his 1st Marathon!!)

Rock and Roll Chicago Half Marathon 7/21/13

Tower of Terror Ten Miler 10/5/13

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

*snork*   Hey, I was just trying to keep the colony together and I succeeded!  I love our dailies.  We're just missing our beloved Scotty Dog and I left the light burning as long as I could, bumping my stupid thread over there with his name on it for 3 days or something.   If you will recall correctly, I put out an APB on Scotty, you, steph, and Kara and I"m at 75% success.   Crap, that's a C.  I'm going to have to drag Scotty over here by his headband cuz I only get A's.

Anyway, Kara 's my homeslice.   Cracks me up.

Scotty will turn up.  After all, he has to do 2 or 3 RR each week.  I think you get a gold star Liz.  

My 3.1 slow easy miles went pretty well! My lungs are still recovering from the stupid sinus infection turned respiratory infection but I ran the whole thing today without stopping.  My lungs were burning and it wasn't hard to breath at all either.  Granted it was at about a 10:47 pace but I'll take it.  The massage was pretty nice tonight too.

Kristi, that had me laughing out loud while I was at work.

Liz, personals are not required.  I think “we” always did them because the penguins used to be a small group.  That group is now growing and it is hard to do personals to everyone

Jen, thanks the run went pretty well.  I’m not back to pre-respiratory infection status but I’m getting there.

Tomas, I actually have what I think will be all of my races for 2013 already picked out lol.  I have 8 maybe 9 races picked out already and it is not as busy of a schedule as Scotty or Damaris, lol.  Wow, I am impressed by your lunch today!

Kara, yay! You came over!  Yes I’m frustrated that I had built up to 35 mpw and had to pretty much take 3 weeks off, grrrr.

Phillie, I LOVE the hobbit comments.  I have a professor and a few friends that say I’m a hobbit, not because of height but because I eat 5 smallish to mediumish meals a day.

Bin, yes, I’m sure you guys were all anxiously waiting for my “what color is her snot today” update.  I had a few running friends that I run with on a regular basis that got those texts, lol. 

Steph 

“I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” John Burroughs

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

Steph - just saw you are working toward the MCM next year?! So awesome!! Are you using a specific plan? I really want to d the Philly full but not sure I can get it done in a year. I'm excited for you, great goal! My BIL is a marine and I really would love to do that race as well, he said it is so inspiring! Bin- what day is your half? You may have said but I'm having a hack of a time checking on my phone. Liz

Dad on the run.

So I should be heading home right about now... however, my replacement called in so I'm working a double, HURRAY!!! Sad. I'm already tired and have 8 more hours to go. I see an energy drink in my near future.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

trenruns

Hello Penguins,

I don't have time to read everything right now but just wanted to say hi.  I finally tried to go to the forum again and found the thread to go here.  I haven't been able to run for a couple of weeks because my right leg is being annoying.  I finally got 2 miles in today, but the leg isn't too happy again.  Hopefully lots of stretching and rolling are going to help.  Hope to find you all tomorrow.

Bin Running

Liz,  02 Dec Sunday morning.. My time.. haa

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar