Beginners and Beyond

THURSDAILIES Underpromise and Overdeliver (Read 41 times)

Hey hey hey, people!

I'm precaffeinated. I'm on my way to the gym to run on the TM again. I checked the route near my folks' place. Still too many icy patches.

Can we please pray for several days of 40F-plus weather, so that the ice softens and vacates the premises?

LRB

Wassup home girl, nice title!

I think as important as temperature is rain to wash a lot of this crap away.  As it it is, today begins a three day stretch of temps in the high 20's which is actually normal for this time of year, so yay for that?

I too am sippin' on some caffeine soup and about to head to the gym.  I also have a dentist appointment for a cleaning today which means I probably should floss for the first time since um, my last cleaning.  

Peace!

Bad boy, Rick. Someone should whack you with a wet noodle Great point about the rain.

I made a pit stop at the Dunks that's in the station where I switch trains. I'm feeling a case of zoomazoomzoomzoom. Off I go!

LRB

I made a pit stop at the Dunks that's in the station where I switch trains. I'm feeling a case of zoomazoomzoomzoom. Off I go!

That makes two of us, SCREEEECH!!  VROOOOOOM!!

Morning all.

8 miles on the treadmill, with middle 4 at what I am currently considering to be my tempo pace, which I may try to speed up next time.

Glad I took the easy way out this morning though, otherwise that could've been a workout!

Tomorrow finally I think it will be safe to go back outside; windchills expected to go positive this afternoon! No more taking it easy.

Have a great day everyone.

Dave

happylily

Still sick as a dog with the flu here. Third day waking up with a fever, headache and the bronchi on fire. But I have to work. I ran last night, but with the constant coughing, it wasn't easy. I may, or may not, run tonight.

Have a great day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

StepbyStep-SH

Gooooooo, Basya!
                LRB - You and my son are a good pair - he has a dentist appointment today, too.
                Dave - You really have made peace with the 'mill, and are cranking out some great miles.
                Lily - So sorry to hear you are still so sick. Rest when you can today.

It is actually 30* here! Without a negative sign! Should start snowing any time now, so I'll go for a 5-mile recovery shuffle in the fresh snow after taking DS to school later. And add a strength training class at noon, but very light on the weight still.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

DaveP MI, excellent eight.

Lily, a speedy and complete recovery to you.

Shari, enjoy the run and strength training.

7.0 easy TM miles in 1:08:31. 9:48 pace. I was over the moon to be back in my Kinvara 3sSmile

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Good morning everyone! Sorry to be scarce lately, but there hasn't been much running to report and there has been family "fun" to deal with. My FIL fell on Sunday and we spent the day in the hospital with him. Thankfully, he's ok other than a gash on his head. On Tuesday my brother couldn't get his car up his hill and left it in a parking lot and tried to walk home and fell. So, back to the ER we went. Thankfully, he's ok, too.

This week has been largely a bust running. Since the ice/snow Monday, footing has been awful on sidewalks and the greenways and my stupid YMCA has closed at 6 the past two nights. Grrrr. I'm hoping to make up some miles today.

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Took my SRD yesterday, so 6 miles tonight.  At the vet taking Rubio for a dental and Trixie for her liver follow up.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Glad I took the easy way out this morning though, otherwise that could've been a workout!

I see what you did there.  It would be nice to run outside tomorrow, I will need to drive my route tonight to see if it is possible.  It is my short route so I suppose it is possible.

7 easy done on the belt, including 8 strides.  Nice run.

Apparently, there is an online article floating around my work regarding a race I won in the summer with my picture in it.  The article is talking about this years race but included that ugly ass mug shot from last years event.  I wish it would just go away.

delicate flower

Hello, runners!  Ski Vacation 2014 continues.  Two more days of skiing to go.  My legs seriously feel like I am nearing the end of a 90 mile week.    Having WAY too much fun though.  Off to Keystone today.

Highlight from yesterday's great day at Copper Mountain:

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

NO on the rain for my area, I just want the trails to thaw out nice and slowly, there are now only a few spots of ice that I think can just be broken into pieces. If we have rain, I will be pissed because then my trails become soggy and nasty Sad

Rocky and I got 8 miles in on the trails this morning, it seems a lot of the deer out in those woods like to bed down near the trails that are close to the edge of the corn fields, but they've gotten used to seeing a crazy two-legged creature with a head lamp running through the woods with a dog early in the morning. Now they don't even really take off unless I get too close (within 10-15 feet of them), otherwise they just stare at me.

Does anybody else hate it when they wake up like 20 minutes before their alarm clock?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Zelanie

Morning!  Had a good tempo run last night, 8 with strides planned for tonight.

Lily- I hope that you are feeling better and that your sister is doing well!

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning people that like running!

Lily, I hope you feel better.

Basya, I'm mixed on my Kinvara 3s. That's all I got for now with them.

8 miles on the TM this morning for me at an Easy pace. My daughter has developed a very annoying habit. When we're driving somewhere in the car is rainbows and unicorns. When we're there she's having fun. On the drive home she melts down. Seriously, it's screaming the whole way home. Good thing last night we just went for some groceries and it's just a 5 minute ride home. I don't think I could have lasted much longer.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew