Beginners and Beyond

Newton shoes... likes and dislikes? (Read 102 times)

dallison

registered pw

did someone say fig newtons?

2017 goals:

sub 1:30 half 

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

Has anyone who used these gone from real serious heel striking to midfoot striking?  I've been a very obvious heel striker forever and ever and ever--since I started running in 1994--and lately I've been feeling like my stride is inefficient.  I'd be interested in trying these out (and I have gift cards for a LRS that I could get them for less than $100 out of pocket if I use those) but I'd really like to know if they worked and really caused a change.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

Village people

MJ, I think I was a midforefoot runner, at least that was what my previous shoes indicated. I might have been all over the place. When I switched over, I did so to try and become a moe efficient runner. The heels are not well cushioned and the lugs forced me to land on midfoot. I had no problem switching, so I guess I wasn't straying from my natural gait. I really didn't know when I bought the shoes. Pnthntr gave me all sorts of advice for swiitching over to these shoes. He also told me to stop immediately if I felt pain.

You are fast and what you are doing seems to work. I would try out the shoes in the store and then take it slow if I was to go on.