Beginners and Beyond

Hand me that crow over there, would you? (Read 555 times)

Don't call me Buttercup!

Apparently, I am no good at sticking to my guns.    Anyone remember my rant from about 6 months ago about how I didn't want to sign up for a Half Marathon? 

Guess what I did yesterday? Shocked

May 5th, 2013, I will be eating crow.  Hopefully it tastes like chicken! 

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

KaraInSavannah

Runs the streets

Yay! You're more than capable girl, so enjoy the journey! And enjoy the swag, and the smuggness after you do it while you enjoy the cold brew of victory. Also, it's cinco de drinko (and my birthday), so one will think it's weird you're chugging margaritas all sunday afternoon. you'll just be havinga cultural experience.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Eating the crow while it's young and tender is always best!  Now, get to running.  Big grin

Running for TJ because he can't.

kettledrum

Awesome!  I am right there with you, Di.    Just a few short months ago (but seems like yesterday) I said to myself that I didn't want to do a HM in 2013 and would maybe look at 2014....and now look.....just last week I signed up for my first half on 5/4/2013!     Good luck!

noraW

Part-time Ninja

Yayy!! Full report please!  I am in the same boat, i've done the 10K, not quite sure I want to do a half  in 2013.

Women are like angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we continue to fly, on a broom, we're flexible like that...

Just B.S.

That's awesome Di!!

We learn, we evolve, we progress, we set new goals. 

FWIW, i spent the 10 years from when I started running in May 2000, right up to April 2010 saying I was never going

to run a full and one week after you do you first half I will doing my 6th full.

Be smart and stick to your training and you will do great. Better to eat crow than to be road kill in a 1/2

due to improper preparation!LOL

Never say never, cause you  never know what next year will bring! and that's no B.S.!!Big grin

Is it a local race?

MrNamtor

Nice and congrats on the big step! 

You know, it's better to eat crow than to be eaten by crows. .

runmomto3boys

That's a big deal!  Good luck with your training!

monkkey

That was me once!  Probably most of us!

Village people

That is Cinco de Mayo, you'll be drinking a well earned maragrita.

sugnim

Apparently, I am no good at sticking to my guns.    Anyone remember my rant from about 6 months ago about how I didn't want to sign up for a Half Marathon?  

Yes, and I remember when you had just started running.  Congrats on signing up for the half!  Which race did you sign up for?

YAYpril - B-Plus

Yay, congrats! It's a big and scary first step. Smile I can't wait to follow your progress!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Oh, I'm going to have you signed up for an ultra in a few years.  You just watch.

Running is dumb.

Chloey

Run Like a Mother

That is so exciting!!  I said there was no way I would do one last January.  Then I ran one in October.  Never say never Big grin

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

YAY!! That's terrific!  I just did my first and had so much fun, it was ridonk.   Slow as molasses but had a great time!