Beginners and Beyond

Hand me that crow over there, would you? (Read 555 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

It's all part of the natural evolution of hanging out with the rest of us idiots.  Mileage can be very addictive...more miles equal lots more endorphins. You'll be looking at an ultra before you know it.  Good luck!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

Apparently, I am no good at sticking to my guns.    Anyone remember my rant from about 6 months ago about how I didn't want to sign up for a Half Marathon? 

Guess what I did yesterday? Shocked

May 5th, 2013, I will be eating crow.  Hopefully it tastes like chicken! 

I blame the mammals.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRS

Chasing Muses

Apparently, I am no good at sticking to my guns.    Anyone remember my rant from about 6 months ago about how I didn't want to sign up for a Half Marathon? 

Which one?

Pinktastic

Awesome!!  You can do it, Di!!   And, i can't wait to watch you train and KILL it!!  

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Nevrgivup

I'm so excited for you Diana! Never say never!

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

bluerun

Super B****

Toldja.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

The half is a very good distance. Challenging mileage wise, but without the “I am going to kill myself go faster” mental game of the 10k.

Misty

I'm so excited for you!! Can't wait to follow your training and see you meet/exceed your goal!

Misty

Bless your heart.

aponi

never runs the tangents

The team leader at work in charge of our corporate cup entry just sent out the sign up list. Oh the pressure, I'm ok with failure but failure in front of coworkers - shudder. How did he know I had an apple pie in the fridge at home.

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who

Same day as my Long Branch HM, enjoy the experience.

Creawood

Yeah, you got this.  You just don't know it yet.

Don't call me Buttercup!

Thanks, everybody!   I signed up for the Frederick Half Marathon.  It's local (ish) to me, and a friend of mine is going to run it, as well - though she's much faster than I am.  

I am crazy excited, and really looking forward to training.  Of course, talk to me in a few months, who knows how I'll be feeling! LOL 

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

Robert31320

Team TJ

Thanks, everybody!   I signed up for the Frederick Half Marathon.  It's local (ish) to me, and a friend of mine is going to run it, as well - though she's much faster than I am.  

I am crazy excited, and really looking forward to training.  Of course, talk to me in a few months, who knows how I'll be feeling! LOL 

...and we're crazy excited for you!

Running for TJ because he can't.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I insisted that I was never going to run a marathon right up until I mailed my entry two weeks before the race way back in 1970. For the last 4-5 years I've been focusing on 5K and shorter. My goal races for 2013 include an 800m and a mile. Less than two weeks ago I signed up for the 12 hour race at NC24 in September. I'm not eating crow, though I may crow if I reach my as yet undetermined mileage goal at NC24.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

RunswithBeer

Congrats and good luck. Frederick will be my first HM as well. Should be very exciting.