Beginners and Beyond

Finally Friday Penguins!! (Read 12 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Have you noticed that the first week back after a vacation lasts FOREVER??  Yeah, I figured you probably had. 

Today I will hopefully go for a walk with DH and Dusty after work, if my lungs will cooperate.  I remembered an inhaler my doc gave me the last time I had a terrible cough, and it's helping calm things down some, which is good.  Skipped chorus rehearsal in favor of more sleep.  Tomorrow will be a chillin' day (hopefully we'll get our outside tree decorated), and then the week of gigs starts.  Two on Sunday, one on Monday, one on Thursday, chorus rehearsal Thursday evening, another gig on Friday, and coaching on Saturday.  Woo-hoo!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Sorry I've been MIA but have had a week at work from hell.  Right now, I'm in a mediation conference probably all day.  I have 7 miles and weights.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Another cold gray windy day - 44 feels like 35.  I'm dressed to run, but not in the mood to deal with the winds. I may take a rest day, or just run this afternoon if the winds die down.

HopesMom - good luck with your hectic schedule.  I hope your cold gets better.

D - good luck with your mediation.  Those can be very long and dull.

Z -  good luck and have fun with your race this weekend.

Zelanie

Thanks,  Ginny! I hope the winds die down later.

D- Almost done!

HsM- I hope that your lungs are feeling better.

I am at a conference today, then DH and I are heading up to Portland to catch a show tonight. Then I fly out tomorrow. Gulp!