Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: 11, 4, 1. (Read 35 times)

LRB

Those are the overnight lows for the next three days.

Siberian arctic air? Brrrrurito!

It's currently 16 and while I've run in that a million times, today, I'll pass. I'm headed to the belt instead.

See ya.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

30 min elliptical.  It's got to be helping my mental game.  I feel like a winner just making myself get started Smile.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

onemile

2, -4 and -1 here.  The HIGH for Sunday is going to be -3 

delicate flower

Brothers and sisters of the web, GOOD MORNING!  rolf

It's an indoor exercise day!  Masters swim done.  2400 yards with a lot of toy use (fins, pull buoy, hand paddles).  Those paddles certainly make me go faster but cripes are they tiring.  I've got a bike trainer session to do after work which should be a bit of a sufferfest.

<3

LRB

2, -4 and -1 here.  The HIGH for Sunday is going to be -3 

Oof. 

That means I'll be getting it next week. Hopefully not. 👎

LRB

So the 630 has a built-in treadmill option (called indoor running). I imagine that unlike the 620, the GPS doesn't need to be turned off for it to work. Anyway, I tried it today and if you run at a consistent rhythm, it's pretty close to the treadmill diaplay. Looking at your watch or pumping your arms excessively however, throws it off. I don't have a foot-pod though so I am unsure if doing those things would affect it if I had it.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 7 miles and weights (switched Pilates to later this week and switched weights with it).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Dave

delicate flower

So the 630 has a built-in treadmill option (called indoor running). I imagine that unlike the 620, the GPS doesn't need to be turned off for it to work. Anyway, I tried it today and if you run at a consistent rhythm, it's pretty close to the treadmill diaplay. Looking at your watch or pumping your arms excessively however, throws it off. I don't have a foot-pod though so I am unsure if doing those things would affect it if I had it.

Interesting....I just googled that and apparently your 630 has a wrist acceleromter?  Sounds like they've improved that functionality.  My 920 has the acceleromter in the HRM-Run strap and it is completely useless, usually displaying a pace over 2:00 slower than what I am actually running.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

The 220 has some sort of accelerometer. It seems a little slow, but my treadmill's readings are so screwy, I pretty much just go by time on the stupid thing. Basically, I know I am running faster than the 17 mm my treadmill says. Garmin says 11:30, I call it close enough.

LRB

Interesting....I just googled that and apparently your 630 has a wrist acceleromter?

I guess one could conceivably "run" while seated then. lol

Worst case it gives you something to occupy your mind, but I will continue to use the display reading for my log (Garmin had me running a tenth of a mile further than the treadmill's distance, so I just kept running until I hit 6 miles on it, which was 6.10 on the watch).

LRB

The 220 has some sort of accelerometer.

Yeah when I tried it with the 220, it was comical. The 620 was a little better. I like the idea though because they give you mile splits, but they are practically useless. Take today, I ran 9:37, 9:24 and 9:27 for the first three miles, despite not changing the speed on the treadmill during that period. 

Half Crazy K 2.0

Yeah when I tried it with the 220, it was comical. The 620 was a little better. I like the idea though because they give you mile splits, but they are practically useless. Take today, I ran 9:37, 9:24 and 9:27 for the first three miles, despite not changing the speed on the treadmill during that period. 

I get the same thing. No change to the treadmill, but my speed changes on the watch.

Docket_Rocket

I have noticed that the technology for the accelerometers is getting better.  The one for the TomTom was updated around 6 months ago and it's almost perfectly in sync with the TM.  My 230, though, has the old technology like the 220 and like LRB said, laughable.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

My treadmill is probably 20+ years old. So any technology I wear is far more advanced.