Beginners and Beyond

Dude Where's The Sundailies?? (Read 52 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I've been up since like 5 AM this morning, along with Dorian of course. DH had finally gotten home from his mother's house.

He had been there all day yesterday and last night and until this morning, so was his brother and his two older sons. His mother had passed away at 1:54 AM this morning, while holding DH's hand. She was a fighter, and for the last 5-8 years we had many situations where we were sure she was a goner but she kept fighting. We're all actually surprised she lived to 81 years old, as she was very self-destructive and abusive to her body for 30+ years.

It's rather amazing though, my grandmother and her are/were the same age and yet my grandmother is extremely healthy and blessed, perhaps due to the life she's lived...

DH is taking it alright, he's a hardass and she wasn't exactly the greatest mom or even a good mom at times but she was his mother nonetheless and I know there will be some emotional moments for him over the next few days, weeks and even months maybe.

I'm just going to call these last two weeks my taper since I haven't been able to get a long run in, and next Sunday I'll be doing the half distance instead of the full.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Sorry for your loss, Andrea.

I have 12 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

No more marathons

Sorry for your loss FS - I lost my mom last month - it pretty much sux.

And I'm going to use praying to the porcelain god at 4 this morning as a reason for not running today.  FI

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

I do not feel like running today, AT ALL. My legs are tight, it's gray out, I'm hungover like a mother fucker and I'm just tired. But I ate two and a half doughnuts last night, right before bed  (I'm not sure why I stopped at the half!) I also drank five extremely dense craft beers yesterday and I just can't have all them wasteful calories forming into fat around my waist all day.

Blah.

bluerun

Super B****

Sorry for your loss, FS.

11.25 -- my legs are killing me but it doesn't seem like NOT running makes a difference, so, well... I ran.  It was pouring and windy and I would rather run in that than not run at all.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

12.2 in the rain. Not that cold out, but rain kinda sucks the heat out of you. It also made me come  back before I could get a decent long run in. Just meh.

67 miles for the week.

delicate flower

I ran 5 in the pouring rain and my legs felt great, confirming to myself that I did not race my race yesterday.  I got rained on pretty good, and it's raining even harder now.  It' going to be a great afternoon to sit around the house, watch NFL RedZone, and get the laundry done.  Wife has a brisket in the crock pot for dinner.  Gonna be a good day.

<3

12.2 in the rain. Not that cold out, but rain kinda sucks the heat out of you. It also made me come  back before I could get a decent long run in. Just meh.

67 miles for the week.

Yeah. It feels way colder to run in 40s rain than 20s dry. And of course it's science too.

5k today, start is not till 10:00. Which ordinarily would feel way too late, since I'm usually up at 5-6 on weekends, and there's be a lot of sitting around. But turned out to be a good thing, since I was up last night from ~1:30-3:30 for no good reason, and ended up sleeping in till nearly 7.

Catch ya on the flipside.

Dave

GinnyinPA

FS - I'm sorry for your loss. As you say, even a bad parent leaves a hole when they go.

Rainy day here so I'm taking tomorrow's rest day today.

I'm very sorry for your family's loss, FS.  Not sure what's on tap for me today, although whatever it is will be inside.  I'm not tough enough for this rain and wind.  Had a long run yesterday, so it will either be the bike, a TM walk, or a rest day.

delicate flower

FS, sorry to hear about your DH's mom.

<3

RunningOnSand

Wow, a lot of you guys are getting tons of rain. Our "rain" (snow) happened a couple days ago....went from 50s to 20s/30s in a matter of hours. So weird.

Baboon, awesome job on your "race" yesterday. You are going to kill your race.

FreeSoul, so sorry about your Dh's mother (and you too, BlueSky). 

Nothing going on here. We hosted a party last night and my nephew puked all over the place like 5 min before they arrived...his parents immediately took him back home, but not before they dropped off his brothers. Hoping whatever he has wasn't too contagious.

delicate flower

5k today, start is not till 10:00.

...waiting for an update on this.

<3

Docket_Rocket

...waiting for an update on this.

He should finish soon and he better update us ASAP!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

He should finish soon and he better update us ASAP!

Results stalking indicates he won himself a pie!  

<3