Beginners and Beyond

Coogan's Salsa, Blues and Shamrocks 5K (RR...PR and pictures!) (Read 116 times)

Ball of Fury

Great job Kristin!  Congrats on the PR!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

LRB

Saweeet!

hog4life

Kristin, I just loved reading your RR. Congrats on the big PR! Your city is so big it made me take a detour when I drove up to Connecticut. Went through PA instead. Your pictures are just adorable.

delicate flower

Kristin, great job on the race and the PR!  Nice work.  Cool pictures, too.  Those 5K races in the cities look really interesting.  

Don't stop for water next time.  You don't need it.  Cool

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Yay, Kristin!  Congrats to you and your friend for your PRs, way to go!

Love the photos, you have such a great smile!  Dang, that is some temp to run in...BRRRRR!  Kudos for even getting up and going out in that!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Thanks guys! You're the best Smile

@Baboon- I know, I'm trying to phase out water stops. You don't really need them in a 5K especially in the winter! In the past I either try to run and drink and nearly choked, or stopped to drink and lost time. I could have probably been ok not stopping today!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Congrats...especially for getting a PR on a tough course (I know, I ran it last year...I remember my eyes practically rolling out of my head with the hill after the big hill heading back)!

Overcoming sarcoidosis one step at a time...

Zelanie

Congrats on the PR!  I'm so happy that it went well for you!  That sub-30 will be yours soon!

meaghansketch

Congratulations on a great race and a shiny new PR!  Coogan's is a tough course by almost any measure, and a PR there definitely means that you have some seconds (at least) that you can shave off your time.

(I agree with Baboon-- no need for a water stop for a 5K-- get rid of that and try a flatter course and I bet you could take a minute off your time right there).

Congrats also on coming back from your ITBS stronger than ever!

Mmmmm...beer

Great job Kristin!!  Congrats on the PR, even with a hilly course!  Glad the ITBS didn't act up too!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

bounce76

Congratulations on your PR Kristin, thanks for the great race report! I would love to run that race one day, it looks like a lot of fun! Loved the photos, you look great in your teal green!

Upcoming Races:

AC Marathon: 10/13

Honeybadgerruns.com

Jen16226

Congratulations on your PR!!!!!!!!  That is great!!!!!!!!

Goals for 2013:

Run 10K Race- ACCOMPLISHED!!!!

Run HM

RACES:

2-9 Kittanning Rotary Club 5K 44:38 on ice UGH

3-9 New Port Richey, Fl Pasco Challenge 10K- 1:22:55

5-12 Komen Pittsburgh Race for the Cure 5K

7-6 Ford City Heritage Days 5K

8-4 Pittsburgh Rock n Roll 1/2 Marathon

9-29 Richard S.Caliguri City of Pittsburgh Great Race 5K

Pinktastic

Kristin, Thanks for the beautiful pics of you and your friends!!  You ran a great race, especially on such a hilly course!!  The whole "F U HILL!" made me laugh - been there myself.  Congrats on your sweet, new PR!!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Awesome job! Congrats on the PR. Smile

5k - 25:15 (11/18/12)

10k - 1:01:51 (2/14/15)

10mi - 1:33:18 (3/2/14)

HM - 2:06:12 (3/24/13)

Upcoming Races:

Benched until further notice. :/

Everything you need is already inside. [[Bill Bowerman]]

bluerun

Super B****

Congrats on the PR!!  I got a big PR on that course last year, and it really does feel so gratifying when that happens on a tough course.  Smile

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog