Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES Are Superfreaks (Read 65 times)

BruceD555

Baboon- Woohoo - goodbye brace!! Awesome ROM as well ... you're motoring along with rehab.

Scottydawg- No nap for me today at work ... as a matter of fact I got so busy that I didn't even end up eating lunch today. Oh well.

Well, the afternoon recovery run was sooo much better than this morning's portion.  Legs felt much lighter/responsive and time seemed to go by much quicker on the TM this time around. The snow continues to fall and I'd guess we have about 6" on the ground by now.

BTW, there's nothing against folks not drinking coffee ... that just means there's more left for me. Wink Have a good evening everyone & stay safe out there!

Train smart ... race smarter.

Docket_Rocket

Glad to hear that.  And without fail, when I run doubles, the morning one sucks and the afternoon one is awesome.

Baboon- Woohoo - goodbye brace!! Awesome ROM as well ... you're motoring along with rehab.

Scottydawg- No nap for me today at work ... as a matter of fact I got so busy that I didn't even end up eating lunch today. Oh well.

Well, the afternoon recovery run was sooo much better than this morning's portion.  Legs felt much lighter/responsive and time seemed to go by much quicker on the TM this time around. The snow continues to fall and I'd guess we have about 6" on the ground by now.

BTW, there's nothing against folks not drinking coffee ... that just means there's more left for me. Wink Have a good evening everyone & stay safe out there!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

Kay - My sympathies to your DH and his family.

Just popping in to make you all hungry: so far today I have baked chocolate chip zucchini muffins, peanut butter oatmeal cookies w/toffee chips, and "dark chocolate pecan love bites." Cheese bread up next, to go with our leftover pizza/pasta bake for dinner tonight.

I've shoveled three times today, so that should counteract at least some of the calories, right? emo-innocent

Oh, and Scotty - Our school district just expects that this will happen at couple of times a year, so they build a few snow days into the calendar. No extra days needed yet, anyway.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

DCDan78

Five mile run at lunch for me at an 8:57 pace.  That's certainly the fastest I've done at that distance in a long while if not ever.

Again I was trying to go based just on feel instead of looking at my watch every few minutes.  But today I think the feeling was, "I really don't have time to be doing this and should get back to the office!"  When it was done though, I still felt like I had a lot left in the tank.  And had it been a 10K I would have crushed my PR from just a few weeks ago.

So yeah, all in all, it felt like a pretty good run!  Amazingly it was about 50 degrees when I ran and they're now calling for 6-12 inches of snow tonight.  Bring out the shovels and sleds for the kids!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

ahmmmm 4 times thanks.  Maybe I wasn't a vampire for some of them??

If not, I've had dinner and drinks with a vampire...twice.

Marjorie

BruceD555

Just popping in to make you all hungry: so far today I have baked chocolate chip zucchini muffins, peanut butter oatmeal cookies w/toffee chips, and "dark chocolate pecan love bites." Cheese bread up next, to go with our leftover pizza/pasta bake for dinner tonight.

I WANT SOME!!!

Train smart ... race smarter.

StepbyStep-SH

Start driving west NOW, Bruce, ... you have about 45 minutes 'til dinner. Big grin

And, BTW, I clicked on your profile because I couldn't remember where in Wisconsin you were (thought it might be listed) and noticed that your profile has your gender as "female." Something you're not telling us? Shocked

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

I'm trying to slow down my training pace........4 Miles instead of three at 11mpm. Workout felt great and run was good.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

LRB

LRB...Great work on that sub-20 speed.  You definitely have the pace for it, so as long as you keep building your endurance I can see you reaching it pretty darn quickly.

For as tough as these "R" training runs are, I am progressing a bit each time out.  I think for me, I will need to set a realistic finish time for my first 5k, and resist the temptation of being greedy.

If nothing else, all the "R" training has made my slower paces (tempo, 10k, half marathon, marathon) feel easier so I am happy about that.

Luke, great run, great pace.

SIAR, wow, 14.2 on a day you'd planned to take it easy?

Phil, I'm glad that PT went well. Yay or time without the brace!

outoftheblue, have fun at the gym.

BruceD555, I'm happy that take two was more successful.

DCDan78, excellent pace on your five-miler today.

Scott, why are you trying to run more slowly?

Docket_Rocket

Oops.

ahmmmm 4 times thanks.  Maybe I wasn't a vampire for some of them??

11 miles done.

Bruce is a female?Confused

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I am using a Hal Higdon 5k intermediate program and have 5k in three weeks. I found a running calculator that suggested entering my best 1 mile time and it calculated training paces for differnt types of runs. I am running about 1 minute per mile faster than suggested and am thinking running more miles at a slower pace would end up being faster for shorter races.

Scott, why are you trying to run more slowly?

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

B-Plus

SIAR - That is one unrestful running day you had!

AM - 3.6 @ 8:44

PM - 9.4 @ 8:09 w/ ladder intervals (duration recoveries):

1 min - 6:15 pace

2 - 5:53

3 - 5:53

2 - 6:15

1 - 5:53

2 - 5:53

3 - 6:15

The pacing wasn't as bad as I thought.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

BPLUS...nice ladder and double! That's a fun workout...good fast running, and hard while not being brutal.

DcDan...great job with that training pace. You sound due for a race.

Sparker...that's always a good plan. Nice run.

Goodnight everyone.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Good evening, Dailies.  I got 5.5 miles in this morning on the last day of my vacation out here in Ogden, Utah.  Always cool running in a new place.  Had a mountain view the entire time which is something I don't get every day. Was a quality day, but made it easy miles due to the 3 days of skiing.

I may be staying the night in Chicago by the looks of things. :/