From the racing calendar, this is the busiest racing day of the month:

10/11 Docket _Rocket - Chicago Marathon

10/11 Lurch - Long Beach Half Marathon

10/11 Brilliant - Long Beach Half Marathon

10/11 StoneFence - Hannaford Half Marathon- Goal: 2:30Surprised

10/11 bluerun - Staten Island Half Marathon

10/11 Lauren710 - Newport Half Marathon

10/11 Lauren710 - RMHP Women's Classic 5K

DaveP is not listed here but is racing a half.

And I'm pretty sure HappyLily made the trip to Chicago this weekend, but I am not sure if she was going to race or not.

Cyberic

Hi Internet friends,

I'm waiting a bit before I head out. I'll try again running with the crew I ran with last Sunday. They leave from a close by LRS at 8:30. If Sebastien is there it'll be nice to have someone to chat with. If not, I'll see if I connect with anyone else or not.

StepbyStep-SH

Good luck to all those racers!

I am (grudgingly) doing a Color Run this morning with DS and friends. "Shining" and "Happiest 5k on Earth" are really not my personality type. But, hey, kids. If DS has fun, I'll have fun.

Then need to do some yoga later, either a class or video, for some stretching.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

workinprogress11

SRD. I'm going to watch other people run. Good luck to all of the racers!

delicate flower

Look at those racers!  Good luck to the lot of you!

Sleep was shoddy last night, as expected.  Recovery today will involve lots of TV watching and an easy bike ride.  Maybe I'll do an RR, but unsure since my race was already discussed in yesterday's dailies.  I may do it just to get my thoughts out there.  In any case, I am very happy to be done with the training cycle and the race...feels like more a relief than anything, which I think tells me something.

Happy to report that my body feels pretty good today!  Achiness of course, but no single thing appears to be hurt or injured.

<3

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Little Blue

Just logged on to watch live streaming of the Chicago Marathon.

Some of those female elites look like they're 12 years old.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good luck to all the racers this morning!!

Haven't ran yet this morning, hoping to get out there after breakfast and before noon preferably. Looking to run either 10-14 miles, just wanting to finish the week off with around 45 miles.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning, and gogo racer-type people!

5.4 on a crispy morning.  It was pleasant and quick.

I watched my 8 year-old nephew for 10 hours yesterday.  He is a well behaved kid, but I don't want to hear anyone ask me a question today.  It was more tiring than 18 miles of hills.  The wife and I are off to the Ryman tonight for a little music.  I will have the deadass come Monday morning, no doubt.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning Dailies :-)

I'm just popping in to say good luck to all of our racers today!

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Thanks everyone.

Look at those racers!  Good luck to the lot of you!

Sleep was shoddy last night, as expected.  Recovery today will involve lots of TV watching and an easy bike ride.  Maybe I'll do an RR, but unsure since my race was already discussed in yesterday's dailies.  I may do it just to get my thoughts out there.  In any case, I am very happy to be done with the training cycle and the race...feels like more a relief than anything, which I think tells me something.

Happy to report that my body feels pretty good today!  Achiness of course, but no single thing appears to be hurt or injured.

Dude! Who are you kidding, you're writing an RR.

Good news on the body. Mine felt like it actually did race hard enough to BQ, which made it suck all the more.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Good luck racers!

Waiting til this afternoon after I watch the Ravens game to run. We went to a wedding yesterday and I didn't do any laundry, so that's my morning. I made the right choice and got the prime rib--big ass slab of dead cow, while those who got the crab cake or chicken Chesapeake did not get as generous of a portion. Nice desert set up--ice cream sundae bar, cupcakes and cookies.

Cyberic

That's nice to hear (read) Dave.

Ran 11.6, some of those harder: I was with the lead pack (of 4) going up Mont Royal today, and I really had to stop and pee. So I told them I'd catch up with them. Geez, it's hard to catch up with a group going uphill. But it was fun Smile

Ric-G

and they probably weigh as much as a 12 yr old too....

Some of those female elites look like they're 12 years old.

marathon pr - 3:16

bluerun

Super B****

Am I the first racer checking in?... Well, I just ran a dinky little half.  And my foot is killing me and I'm having trouble walking but FFS I FINALLY BROKE 1:40.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog