Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES (Read 32 times)

LRB

It seems I have quite the dilemma brewing this morning. After flying all night, I don't really need any coffee, and would rather lie down. But caffeine withdrawal headaches are brutal last FOREVER, so I just might..

LRB

Anyway, what up doe?

No more marathons

Temp is calling for 50 with clouds at noon.  So yeah, I'll probably get in 4 or 5 today.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

30 min elliptical.  The foot is feeling better, and that makes me smile.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

onemile

I would drink the coffee

I am the most sore I have ever been.  Can only walk in tiny steps with straight legs and my hotel bathroom lacks a railing 

delicate flower

Hello and Happy Monday!!  It beats being dead!

3000 yard swim before work.  Sitting at the dentist office now waiting for my routine oil change.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning. Already in West Palm but this time it only took 1.5 hours. Sigh. SBux now. 7 and weights tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

LRB, drink the coffee and then lay down.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I'm under a curse. No sooner do I decide to start a December running streak than I miss a day. No running Sunday. At this point I'll take a 2 day running streak.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

After all those marathons yesterday, I need an SRD.

Dave

Zelanie

Alarm went off way too early today.  I am sore, but not terrible.  The main problem is that my feet don't want to fit into my shoes!  I put on flip flops after the race yesterday, so I didn't notice.  I will try to run 1 mile after work.  It should be really amusing if anybody tries to watch.

LRB

Alarm went off way too early today.  I am sore, but not terrible.  The main problem is that my feet don't want to fit into my shoes!  I put on flip flops after the race yesterday, so I didn't notice.  I will try to run 1 mile after work.  It should be really amusing if anybody tries to watch.

Oh boy. Good luck!

I haven't thought about running yet, but imagine it will be at some point towards the end of the week.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

No run day today.  Did a weight training circuit at the gym this morning.

Wet wet wet weather all weekend long.  Got soaked on my 5-mile run on Saturday and my 3 miles on Sunday .  Still, was not as bad as all the folks that were doing the San Antonio Rock n Roll Half Marathon and Full Marathon this past Sunday, and the 10K on Saturday. Those folks got really soaked and the temp dropped into the 40s - cold for we South Texans - and a biting wind made it feel even chillier.  Those people really got soaked being out there for quite a while.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Zelanie

I generally avoid taking painkillers because I worry that they slow recovery. Does anybody else do this, or am I making myself miserable for no reason? I was just tempted to avoid a phone call because the phone is all the way across the room and I was sitting down. 

Cyberic

I generally avoid taking painkillers because I worry that they slow recovery. Does anybody else do this, or am I making myself miserable for no reason? I was just tempted to avoid a phone call because the phone is all the way across the room and I was sitting down. 

Anti-inflammatory drugs are said to slow recovery (ibuprofen, for example). Whether it's true or not, I dunno. But pain killers in themselves don't slow recovery, IMO (acetaminophen, for example).