Beginners and Beyond

Sundailies FTW (Read 45 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I jogged 3.2 uninspired miles.   My legs aren't happy with me.  They overheard Cyberic talking about how many hours i was working them, and insisted on the day off.  We compromised with a short run.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Cyberic

Good morning!

I jogged 3.2 uninspired miles.   My legs aren't happy with me.  They overheard Cyberic talking about how many hours i was working them, and insisted on the day off.  We compromised with a short run.

Have a great day!

I think it's a fair compromise.

I dunno exactly how long my long run is going to be today.  Something like this :

6 < LR < 20

I'll see.

LRB

uninspired

That's a great way to describe how I'm feeling about today's run. Blerg.

Docket_Rocket

I have 7 and the weights I didn't lift yesterday.

Our AC is dripping water and it started at almost midnight last night, sigh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Sixty five and raining.  Only three people showed up for the LRS group run.  As the other two were much faster than me, I told them to just go on without me and I proceeded with my own run.  No need to have them stop and wait for me every half mile or so, especially in the rain.  I wound up with just under 8 wet miles, but other than taking shelter at a park bathroom when some cloud-to-cloud lighting was taking place, it was an uneventful run.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
            10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

delicate flower

'Morning!  I just got back from the track.  6 mile steady effort at a 6:39 avg pace.  Windy as hell...it was like half a lap easy (tailwind), half a lap hard (headwind), repeat 24 times.  And that's all for today.  Wife's out running 12.

We saw Solo last night.  I liked it!  WTF are people trying to get out of their movies?  I want a two hour distraction.  Mission accomplished!

<3

onemile

I got up at 4:30 to run before it got too hot but it still got too hot.  It's supposed to reach 94 today.

sdWhiskers

I dunno exactly how long my long run is going to be today.  Something like this :

6 < LR < 20

Similar (almost) here: 5 < LR < 11

Ended up with 7.6 miles and skipped the fast finish. Hot and humid but I actually felt pretty good. Beautiful shaded paved trails around so many lakes. MN is beautiful, even if it's in the 90s.

Now we are off to the MOA. Wish us luck!

LRB

I ran 9 sticky-icky miles.

The sun was in full bloom but I've had some good acclimation runs this spring, so no big deal, yet...

Cyberic

I lied.

23.6 miles, including the mountain. Felt good after a couple of miles, so I told myself that I was training for a 50K, so making my long runs long is perfectly acceptable.

81 miles for the week.

onemile

Beautiful shaded paved trails around so many lakes. MN is beautiful, even if it's in the 90s.

Wisconsin ain't bad either. From this morning:

onemile

I lied.

23.6 miles, including the mountain. Felt good after a couple of miles, so I told myself that I was training for a 50K, so making my long runs long is perfectly acceptable.

81 miles for the week.

Nice!!

Docket_Rocket

Not going to show you how the outdoors look like, but at least it's only in the 80s.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Nice workouts going on here this am!

Thanks for the kind words yesterday. That heat took the life out of me. I actually opened and poured a beer last night, took 2 sips and stopped. I was so freakin tired. I guess its to be expected as it was the first run of any kind in the heat for the season.

RD/Core today. Did curls, pushups, crunches, planks, side planks, side leg raises, and bridges with the theraband.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Half Crazy K 2.0

6.5 with 4 sets of 5 x 1 minute hard, 30 second recovery. 2 minutes between sets. It was super humid outside, I nearly quit on the last set because it was feeling way harder than it should.