Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES (Read 33 times)

LRB

What's up?

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 7 miles of progression/faster finish.  I'm not back to where I aim to be, but I'm surely feeling the progress.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Apparently, I am up even though I am off work, grrrr.  I have PT, Pilates and 4 miles today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

RD.

Sure am feeling the DOMS from that stupid obstacle race. I am very out of upper body shape.

delicate flower

it is Monday and sure as hell feels like it lmao.  What a great weekend....17 miles of running and 50 miles of biking, all outdoors.

3000 yard swim this morning, which is a longer swim as these things go.  I was tired as hell, thanks to spending three hours scraping carpet glue off the old basement floor yesterday.  The basement pre-work is all done and now we can have our new floor installed.  I can't wait!

<3

onemile

Are you feeling better LRB?

SRD

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 and lower body weights.

From the Internet.

Should have been an SRD, but it's way too nice out and husband is working from home, so I got in a 30 minute recovery jog. SO gorgeous out there! Low 40s but feels warmer. Will be a 7-day run week for me, but I'm on vacation so I can get in extra naps to make up for it!

LRB

Are you feeling better LRB?

In all the ways that matter no. I don't feel like I'm at death's door anymore though so in that regard, slightly.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Working today also.  As a state university, we have to be open so many days a year by law.  Since the majority of our employees like a longer time off during christmas and new years, we have to make those days up by being open on some Federal holidays.  It's all good.

Busy running weekend this past weekend.  Had Friday off, did a 5K at 3 pm, followed by a 5K on Saturday morning at 8 a.m., and then did a 5 mile hill route at Lackland Air Force Base on Sunday morning.   Today is a rest day.

Crazy weather in San Antonio....got up to nearly 80 yesterday afternoon and then during the night-time hours, 40 - 50 mph winds, rain with a bit of hail...we even had a small tornado that ended up being about 3 miles from where I live...not a humongous thing, but even so....it veered away from the direction my house is and went on up east.   Some roofs torn off some buildings, fences damaged, etc., but thankfully no lives lost, nobody injured.

It's all moved out now....and all this week, until Friday, we are supposed to be sunny and in the upper 70s.  Then the temps will drop a little for a couple days but not by much...mornings in the 50s for the coming weekend, afternoons and evenings in the 60s. 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Done with PT and a Panera salad, sheesh. That woman almost killed me with mountain climbers until I yelled owe.  My ITB didn't like that.  Then she made me run forward and back with a weight vest at 30lbs (she is just starting, I am sure of it), and sideways.  At some point, she said, look at the fear in her eyes.  Hell yeah, every time I step with my left leg I expect to flinch in pain.  It is happening less often but I assume it will last a few months.  Fear.  I have it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

No more marathons

Easy 5 today - rest day from the race yesterday.

Felt hard but my HR stayed low - so there is that.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

I was trying to decide whether or not to go see The Great Wall. It's not being received well but one of the reviewers said it's an awesome flick if you're an eight year old. I was like, boom, I'm going!

FTR, my DD saw Lego Batman over the weekend, and loved it.

Dave