Beginners and Beyond

Pumpkin Spice Lattes for the Tuesdailies (Read 39 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Guess LRB and the folks who usually start the dailies are out getting their lattes!   Since I don't drink coffee at all I don't have to stand in the long Starbucks line, so I will start us off.

Weight training circuit yesterday after work.   Today, Fall did arrive in my area.   Only 68 degrees this morning and it will be a 'cool' 86 degrees this afternoon with only 35% humidity, yay!  Plan on doing a 3 - 4 mile hill route after work today.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

Hello SCOTTY and all comers to today's dailies thread!  Happy Autumn!  Pumpkin flavored anything can rot in hell.

Run update:  8.3 hilly and windy miles last night at an easy effort.  7 cold miles this morning slightly harder than easy effort.  I'm doing a double today, so more miles planned after work.

Speaking of coffee, I think I'll get me some of that Rocket Fuel coffee from our break room Keurig machine....

<3

Yo. Nice and cool on this beautiful fall morning.

This morning's workout: 4 mile warmup, 2 x 3 miles at MP-10sec w/1 mile recovery, 1 mile cooldown. 12 miles total.

Actual paces for the 6 faster miles: MP-12,11,18; then 11,17,15.

The toughest mile was the first one after the recovery; 1 mile is a long recovery, it makes my body think it's done with the hard stuff.

I am pretty sore and achy, and very much looking forward to tomorrow's SRD.

Have a good day everyone.

Dave

StepbyStep-SH

Good morning - again!

Looking at 5-6 miles plus a strength training class later this morning. Coffee now since I got up at 4 to work for a couple of hours before the rest of the household was moving.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

B-Plus

Guess LRB and the folks who usually start the dailies are out getting their lattes!    

I seriously thought that said ladies!

I've got 4 x 1.5 mile, but I'll have to see how my legs feel after my warmup. Things may have to wait another day.

Docket_Rocket

Guess LRB and the folks who usually start the dailies are out getting their lattes!   Since I don't drink coffee at all I don't have to stand in the long Starbucks line, so I will start us off.

Weight training circuit yesterday after work.   Today, Fall did arrive in my area.   Only 68 degrees this morning and it will be a 'cool' 86 degrees this afternoon with only 35% humidity, yay!  Plan on doing a 3 - 4 mile hill route after work today.

Pumpkin spice lattes came out weeks ago, yum.

Morning. In court with the big boss coming over to see my judge. 7miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Pumpkin spice lattes came out weeks ago, yum.

Never had one. Zero interest. Now when Christmastime comes - give me a peppermint mocha.

Dave

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1 for me now to the airport. Travel for work rest this week.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Never had one. Zero interest. Now when Christmastime comes - give me a peppermint mocha.

I only drink it once or twice during the season, but no more than that.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

Morning dailies! Up before the sun for 1000m repeats with 400 slow jog rest, worked out to ~2:45 between reps. Wanted to do 5x1000 but only had time for 4 so I did some faster pickups on the way home to make up for skipping the last one. My fitness seems to be nicely in line with my readjusted goal 5K pace - first one was slow at 4:52, then 4:42, 4:48, 4:41. Felt like a solid 5K effort but had enough energy left for the pickups on the way home.

7.41 miles total, longest I've ever run on a normal midweek workout day Smile

LRB

Hi!

I ran 7 this morning and at a minute per mile over my normal easy pace it was without a doubt my slowest run of the year.

Having said that it was also one of the most important as everything is intact and all systems are go.

I still have a couple of big runs left (huge in fact) but the worst of MRT is behind me so yay for that.

B-Plus

Hi!

I ran 7 this morning and at a minute per mile over my normal easy pace it was without a doubt my slowest run of the year.

Having said that it was also one of the most important as everything is intact and all systems are go.

I still have a couple of big runs left (huge in fact) but the worst of MRT is behind me so yay for that.

I don't see your name here:

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/5f21f8cdf30247d0ab2b51c4726ecfc0/0

LRB

I don't see your name here:

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/5f21f8cdf30247d0ab2b51c4726ecfc0/0

I'll get right on that.

B-Plus

I'll get right on that.

I should do the same for my 1/2