Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES - Also known as Friday Jr (Read 32 times)

LRB

Yes, it did seem as if I worked not one but TWO Mondays this week. But now that they are both in the rear-view, things are looking great.

No more marathons

For those that Strava - do you actively try for a top spot on any of the "segments" in your area?

I've got a couple in my area that are on some of my regular running routes - If I do some tempo or fartlek workouts I might get a top two or flve spot.

I'll run after work again today, unless it's raining hard.  Then nah.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I heard the rain when I woke up.  I looked at the radar and went back to bed.  I wasn't riding in that monsoon.  I might get in a few miles after work, or this day might be a double streak-killer.

On a positive note, it was 9 years ago today that I smoked my last cigarette.  Kicking the 2-3 pack a day Marlboro habit was the smartest thing I've ever done.  That's about a $50k savings since I stopped.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

Hey there now!!  Alrighty then.  Masters swim done before work.  Coach was grumpy because the lifeguard showed up late (again) so Coach had to do that plus coach.  Heh.

For those that Strava - do you actively try for a top spot on any of the "segments" in your area?

I only have a couple of Strava segments that I really pay attention to, and I don't necessarily go for the top spot as much as I try to better my own time.  One of the segments is a 10.5 mile out and back on the rail trail, and the other is the 1.2 mile uphill right near my house.  For any other segments, I don't actively chase them.  I just do my workouts, and if I get the CR, so be it.  My only chance is with runs.  I have no shot with my cycling.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

I've got a couple in my area that are on some of my regular running routes - If I do some tempo or fartlek workouts I might get a top two or flve spot.

I'll run after work again today, unless it's raining hard.  Then nah.

I did on one, mainly because it was one my slow self could take.i did it during an interval workout.

onemile

I don't race my training runs.

onemile

I ran 10

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Went to Orange Theory class and ran 3.18 there (a new PB there) full of hills, speed, and wtf.  I have either 5 for the day or 5 tonight; we'll see how I feel.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

15 trainer miles... 5K tonight.  Bag check closes at 5:30.  Um.  People, you know... work?

Nah, I don't even pay attention to that.  I think it's hilarious when people try to do that in training and then they wonder why their race times are slower than their training runs.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

I don't race my training runs.

Oh, snap!

In any case, no. I am still mostly unclear on how Strava works anyway. Sometimes I see those little messages, and my general reaction is "Oh."

Dave

Dave

15 trainer miles... 5K tonight.  Bag check closes at 5:30.  Um.  People, you know... work?

That's why most of them do their races on the weekend. 

Dave

onemile

I think it's hilarious when people try to do that in training and then they wonder why their race times are slower than their training runs.

Yep

bluerun

Super B****

That's why most of them do their races on the weekend. 

But the subways are awful on weekends!!

...oh, wait.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

I registered an account on Strava back in November for what at the time seemed like something that was completely improbable. I did it anyway because, you know, what the hell. Well, a couple of weeks later that improbability was confirmed, thoroughly! I haven't been back on that site since. lol