Beginners and Beyond

So long Arthur Saturdailies (Read 43 times)

happylily

My groin hurts today but I kinda have a good reason for that. lol

Good luck, BS!

Are you doing a FreeSoul kind of post? 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Mine usually turned to other topics rather than the RR themselves, like the last one that concentrated on Gu or something else.  LOL.

So true!  There was like 10 pages of gel discussion!  lol

And great point about tri's inspiring people.  Wanting to try one is what lead me to running!

happylily

Beth, I'm so glad that your FIL will get to hear about your race. I bet it will be very emotional for you all. Enjoy the time together.

LRB

My groin hurts today but I kinda have a good reason for that. lol

lol

Good morning my lady! 

LRB

Rick, could it be your red cords torture sessions?

Yes, that was the day it started.

Hip Redux

Are you doing a FreeSoul kind of post? 

Oh good lordy.     Hip joint pain manifests itself mostly as pain in the groin.  

happylily

Lack of flexibility is because we are distance runners.  The longer we run (distancewise) the less flexible we become.  That's why we need to work on that too.

I am back to 60 pushups and I was amazed at how easy I went back up.  Pilates has made me strong.

Yeah, it's weird how we can go months without doing push-ups, then we can take it up again like nothing happened. But my arms look like little twigs at the moment. I bulk up (if I can use that term ) rather easily though. If I continue the push-ups through the summer, come September, I will have huuuuge arms! 

happylily

LOL... thanks for clarifying.  Hope it gets better real soon!

From the Internet.

Morning dailies! Ran 10.09 miles with my club this morning, putting me over 26 again for the week Big grin

I mentioned that we put in an offer on a house on Thursday - it was accepted! Inspection sometime this week, then just signing a bunch of stuff (well, DH will do the signing) and waiting on the bank to get the loan in order, and hopefully we will close in a month or so, maybe sooner Smile Very excited!

Docket_Rocket

Come on.  Open a thread, so I can ask if it was the rough sex!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Morning dailies! Ran 10.09 miles with my club this morning, putting me over 26 again for the week Big grin

I mentioned that we put in an offer on a house on Thursday - it was accepted! Inspection sometime this week, then just signing a bunch of stuff (well, DH will do the signing) and waiting on the bank to get the loan in order, and hopefully we will close in a month or so, maybe sooner Smile Very excited!

Woohoo!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

Rough sex and hip surgery do not compute. lol

happylily

OMG... hahaha!

happylily

Lauren, that is awesome news! And the location sounds fabulous! Good luck with the inspection and congrats!

From the Internet.

Thanks D & lily! Big grin