Beginners and Beyond

So long Arthur Saturdailies (Read 43 times)

Zelanie

Lost in penalties, but they played well.  Balconies are probably safe.

happylily

Sorry to hear that!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

Good afternoon all!

12 this morning + 4 this afternoon practicing running and soccer with the DD.

I dunno what the race + miles on the 4th did, but this AMs 12 miler was at a 7:41 average.  Just felt good... it wasn't the weather either: I started late in bright full sun.  79F and 70 Dew point.   Very little wind.

Who the F knows...   just run with it.   Wink

Sly, isn't 7:41 your easy pace? Great run in that heat! But then, aren't you from one of those cursed with the heat states? You must be used to it.  (just waiting to hear what Damaris will say about that. )

Zelanie

They played well, and can be proud of what they accomplished.  In the Fuente de la Hispanidad, which is where I went after last week's game, it looks like they are playing with a giant parachute that sort of looks like a flag.  Downtown, it looks like they are going home.

happylily

They played well, and can be proud of what they accomplished.  In the Fuente de la Hispanidad, which is where I went after last week's game, it looks like they are playing with a giant parachute that sort of looks like a flag.  Downtown, it looks like they are going home.

It must be quite something to be a witness of. Maybe I missed it, but are you in San Jose, Zel? Is there an old town, and zocalos, like in Mexico?

LRB

At least you got a chance to witness something many of us never will.  It is going to make for some incredible bedtime stories for your grand kids!

Zelanie

Lily, I am officially in San Jose, right at the edge.  They don't call them Zocalos, but yes, it's the same sort of thing.  Basically the city is broken up into different smaller parts, and each of those does have a central park, often with the church or cathedral right there.  Downtown does have some beautiful old buildings.  The buses seem to drop you off at the central park when you're heading to the outer towns.  Downtown, there are a hundred thousand places where the buses stop, and there's not really one central spot anymore, even though there is a "parque central".

It must be quite something to be a witness of. Maybe I missed it, but are you in San Jose, Zel? Is there an old town, and zocalos, like in Mexico?

happylily

Lily, I am officially in San Jose, right at the edge.  They don't call them Zocalos, but yes, it's the same sort of thing.  Basically the city is broken up into different smaller parts, and each of those does have a central park, often with the church or cathedral right there.  Downtown does have some beautiful old buildings.  The buses seem to drop you off at the central park when you're heading to the outer towns.  Downtown, there are a hundred thousand places where the buses stop, and there's not really one central spot anymore, even though there is a "parque central".

Cool. Must be beautiful. SO deals with a lot of people established in San Jose (I'm not sure that they are necessarily from Costa Rica. It seems to be quite business oriented). I heard the country does well with eco-tourism as well. I hope you get to travel a bit outside of the city and in the country side. It's the rainy season, there, right?

Zelanie

Cool. Must be beautiful. SO deals with a lot of people established in San Jose (I'm not sure that they are necessarily from Costa Rica. It seems to be quite business oriented). I heard the country does well with eco-tourism as well. I hope you get to travel a bit outside of the city and in the country side. It's the rainy season, there, right?

You should come!  I should get quite a few opportunities to get outside of the city, the first few weeks were just getting my sealegs.  If your SO has business down here, I hear there's a fantastic marathon in Guanacaste!  Maybe in the fall?

It is the rainy season right now, and is considered "winter" even though we're still north of the equator.  Still, it doesn't rain most of the day, really.  It's just that when it does start raining, watch out!

Zelanie

Here is it, Lily:

Tamarindo Beach Marathon

Docket_Rocket

I did 6.25 outside.  It was only 90F and 74DP.  Not bad.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

If by not bad you mean fucking miserable by everyone else's standards.

Docket_Rocket

Well, yes? At least it was not 100F! Or 80 DP!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

LMAO

I have ruined you.  lol

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Sly, isn't 7:41 your easy pace? Great run in that heat! But then, aren't you from one of those cursed with the heat states? You must be used to it.  (just waiting to hear what Damaris will say about that. )

Normally in cooler temps that would be near the slower side,  in these conditions I try to stay in the 7:45 and slower range.

And yes, Texas land of the big heat. Not dry not quite swampy but damn hot.