Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies for the 20th (Read 29 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I did another 11/3 combo.  It sure beat not doing it.

Have  a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

onemile

I ran 8

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Hardly slept last night due to the time change and the flight coming in so late.  I have Pilates and might do a short run today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

In an attempt to add variety to what is by definition a monotonous, mind numbing activity, I went to a park that has a dirt and gravel path within a 1.5 mile loop (it was the site of my first 5k oddly enough). Alas, there were too many ruts and uneven terrain for my finicky foot, so so much for that. lol

onemile

In an attempt to add variety to what is by definition a monotonous, mind numbing activity, I went to a park that has a dirt and gravel path within a 1.5 mile loop (it was the site of my first 5k oddly enough). Alas, there were too many ruts and uneven terrain for my finicky foot, so so much for that. lol

Have you tried podcasts?

LRB

Have you tried podcasts?

Actually I have not. I'm not sure what I would listen to. Is there a list somewhere?

onemile

Actually I have not. I'm not sure what I would listen to. Is there a list somewhere?

I would start with Serial, season 1.  That got me hooked.

Link

I also really got into Someone Knows Something, season 2

Now I am listening to Accused

I am now lost when I run out of podcast and have to run without

Docket_Rocket

I find those more dangerous than cars!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

6 miles in what passes for a humid day around here - DP around 60.

I would start with Serial, season 1.  That got me hooked.

Link

I also really got into Someone Knows Something, season 2

Now I am listening to Accused

I am now lost when I run out of podcast and have to run without

Maybe more LRB's speed: Buster Olney's Baseball Tonight podcasts, on ESPN.  There's a new one every day, although they're only about 45-50 min long, so they won't get you too far. But there are a slew of other options in the ESPN app.

Dave

onemile

Maybe more LRB's speed: Buster Olney's Baseball Tonight podcasts, on ESPN.  There's a new one every day, although they're only about 45-50 min long, so they won't get you too far. But there are a slew of other options in the ESPN app.

Yeah, so everything I have listened to for podcasts is of the true crime investigation variety.  Except maybe S-Town but that one started as a true crime investigation and turned out to be more a story about one particular individual's life.  So if that's not your thing, my recommendations don't mean much!

Yeah, so everything I have listened to for podcasts is of the true crime investigation variety.  Except maybe S-Town but that one started as a true crime investigation and turned out to be more a story about one particular individual's life.  So if that's not your thing, my recommendations don't mean much!

I should pass them along to my wife. She loves watching all the true crime shows on the Investigation Discovery network. What's funny is she has a hard time watching violent movies & TV shows that are fictional, but if it's real, it doesn't matter how gruesome it is. I always think it should be the opposite if anything. She has actually recently taken to listening to audiobooks (even though she doesn't run).

I still never listen to anything while running, except when I am forced to the treadmill, and then it's music.

Dave

LRB

I should pass them along to my wife. She loves watching all the true crime shows on the Investigation Discovery network. What's funny is she has a hard time watching violent movies & TV shows that are fictional, but if it's real, it doesn't matter how gruesome it is. I always think it should be the opposite if anything. She has actually recently taken to listening to audiobooks (even though she doesn't run).

I still never listen to anything while running, except when I am forced to the treadmill, and then it's music.

Yeah I'm stuck in the same hole. lol

LRB

There was a segment on TV the other day that I watched while on the elliptical and I was shocked at how fast the time seemed to fly by! I imagine that's what a podcast would do so it's something worth exploring. It can't be any worse than slogging around in circles at the track at easy pace listening to air with no diversion and nothing to focus on.

Yeah I'm stuck in the same hole. lol

I stopped listening to music while running years ago when I started to get sick of all the songs on my iPod, and started to get sick of everything playing on the Pandora/Spotify channels I listened to. And it was just one more thing to manage - picking something to listen to, deal with armstrap, making sure headphones didn't short out from sweat, etc. People (mostly non-runners, but also runners) are often amazed to find out I go for up to 3 hr runs with nothing. It seems like the percentage of people I see out running without headphones is extremely tiny. And even becoming smaller in races.

Dave

onemile

I stopped listening to music while running years ago when I started to get sick of all the songs on my iPod, and started to get sick of everything playing on the Pandora/Spotify channels I listened to. And it was just one more thing to manage - picking something to listen to, deal with armstrap, making sure headphones didn't short out from sweat, etc. People (mostly non-runners, but also runners) are often amazed to find out I go for up to 3 hr runs with nothing. It seems like the percentage of people I see out running without headphones is extremely tiny. And even becoming smaller in races.

I got sick of music too so I started listening to audio books and now, podcasts too.  I don't wear an armstrap. I use a tiny ipod shuffle, old school. I've never had problems with sweat and I've put that thing through the washing machine a couple times and it still works. I do have to pick something to listen to and copy it over but it's worth it to me.

I usually listen to music for workouts and don't wear headphones during races.  Sometimes if I forget to charge my ipod, I go without and it's fine but it does help pass the time and make it more enjoyable and sometimes if I am listening to an audiobook, it can even be enriching