Beginners and Beyond

Friday the Fourth (Read 48 times)

LRB

I have a run to get in this morning, a tax appointment at noon, then a massage shorty there afterwards. Stumbling and tumbling across that snow and ice yesterday however, left my legs a pathetic shredded mess, so I might hop on the belt for this one. We'll see...

What up doe?

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 6 tonight.  Most likely on the TM because the high is 87F and I don't want to miss the start of Amazing Race, so there is that.  Ha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good morning guys.

Lrb...those snowy runs really can be shredders, especially if you try to get a workout in.  After having had a girl I was training get hurt over a winter cycle, I'll always lean towards being conservative on snowy roads, especially for other runners.  Enjoy that massage - should leave you feeling spry again.

Docket...Amazing race? I used to watch, but feel like they've just done too many seasons at this point. My mother loves it though...lets her point and "ooh, I've been there!"  Hope the run and pilates treat you well.

Good double for me yesterday - 6 am miles and then 10 evening ones with 12x30sec fartleks. The evening run was way to fast, but it's okay because today is A FULL REST DAY   I ran every day in February, so I figure a day off isn't a bad thing.  The g/f and I have Cavs tickets tonight, and running this morning wasn't an option because I didn't want 4 consecutive runs (wed. night, thur. am/pm) after the double.  I really don't want to get into the streaking thing right now anyway, so this is good to start over.  Also, if my cutback week is going to resemble anything of a cutback, I really don't need the miles.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Half Crazy K 2.0

Happy Friday. Something short after work, thinking 4 or so. It snowed but not enough for a delayed opening, which sucks cause I was really looking forward to an extra hour of sleep.

Zelanie

What is this rest day you speak of? I have 1 mile to run today. Smile

LRB

After having had a girl I was training get hurt over a winter cycle, I'll always lean towards being conservative on snowy roads, especially for other runners. 

I remember some of the runs you were doing with her (if it was the same one). I ran strides on Wednesday as well (which were more like 200s), so the two combined is likely why my legs are dead.

bluerun

Super B****

No March Forth pun?  I'm disappointed.

AlterG 9.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

From the Internet.

Vet just called with initial test results - my dog definitely has dog cancer (lymphoma) Sad The past 12 months have not been kind to my animals. Going to run out my emotions and discuss options with husband later.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

This morning, I decided to take Jetta for a run on the roads...... it was her first time running with me on the roads and she was a bit stupid but I am sure after a few runs she will be fine. No doubt Rocky wasn't happy about being left at home, but he would have drug behind and just slowed us down.

We ran 8 miles, I dressed a little too warmly, blah.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

No March Forth pun?  I'm disappointed.

AlterG 9.

I'm assuming you're on the AlterG for rehab, or is it just preventative?  I've always wanted to get on one.  Mind if I ask what the experience is like?

Lrb...yeah, that's what I'm referring to.  I'm helping my g/f and another girl with their training now, so definitely don't want to screw it up.  Good work with the strides.  I do my short hills (8-10x10secs), but I want to start including strides to help me for a mile race coming up.

Half...What good is snow if it doesn't close or delay schools/work!!

Zelanie..Enjoy the mile...and happy birthday.

Lauren...So sorry 

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

onemile

Vet just called with initial test results - my dog definitely has dog cancer (lymphoma) Sad The past 12 months have not been kind to my animals. Going to run out my emotions and discuss options with husband later.

Very sorry to hear that. 

bluerun

Super B****

I'm assuming you're on the AlterG for rehab, or is it just preventative?  I've always wanted to get on one.  Mind if I ask what the experience is like?

Combo, really -- even if I'm completely healthy (not that that ever happens), I run a lot on there because my bones are too crappy for me to get anywhere near the miles I want without it.

It's been a while since it's felt weird to me, but I remember that when I first ran on an AlterG (this was back in 2012), it was bizarre because you can feel your feet hitting the treadmill belt, but you aren't really feeling the impact, if that makes any sense.  And you can run super-duper fast and have it feel like a walk in the park.

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

I'm sorry

chasing the impossible

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 12.2 after-daylight miles this morning.  It got hard at the end and I was glad to get home.  I'm calling it my LR for the week.  I am now going to bottle a batch of beer, and brew another batch.  It's not hard work, but being on my feet for 4-5 hours will finish my legs off.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Lauren, very sorry about your dog.

Also, everyone wish Zelanie a happy birthday.  She turned old today.

Runner with a riding problem.

13 mile MLR at 8:23 avg pace, which is about my current PR MP. Not to be confused with GMP. Booyah.

Dave