Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES: When your body says it 8:00, but the clock says it's 9:00 (Read 29 times)

LRB

You know somebody done put some shit in the game. 

Modified to fix a punctuation error in the title. Thank you #coffee.

LRB

Hi.

It's sunny out but colder than a beeyotch. I'm running long today though so I'm not going to think about it too much, I'll be in a jacket and layers.

What's up?

Half Crazy K 2.0

It's sunny out but colder than a beeyotch. I'm running long today though so I'm not going to think about it too much, I'll be in a jacket and layers.

This

From the Internet.

I need to run about 7, and that will close out my first official 70 mile week!

It is stupid cold though. Will wait another hour probably, and I have to track down my merino buff because I'm pretty sure I almost got frostbite on my neck yesterday. 12/feels like 6 right now.

LRB

I need to run about 7, and that will close out my first official 70 mile week!

It is stupid cold though. Will wait another hour probably, and I have to track down my merino buff because I'm pretty sure I almost got frostbite on my neck yesterday. 12/feels like 6 right now.

You've been throwing the number 70 around so much that I thought you had run it already.

But now that it's FINALLY here you're going to wait? Wonderful.

From the Internet.

You've been throwing the number 70 around so much that I thought you had run it already.

But now that it's FINALLY here you're going to wait? Wonderful.

It feels a little anticlimactic now, I had a rolling-7-day total of almost 80 with Sunday/Saturday long runs a couple weeks ago but it doesn't "count" the same way in my log, lol.

No more marathons

I get to take one day a week as a rest day - and that's today.

Hope everyone stays warm out there.

We got about 3 inches of snow last night, but the temp is 31 so it's not sticking to most road surfaces.  And will most likely melt this afternoon.

Heading to Chicago tomorrow - will try to get something in after all day meetings - but it might end up on a hotel treadmill.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

It feels a little anticlimactic now, I had a rolling-7-day total of almost 80 with Sunday/Saturday long runs a couple weeks ago but it doesn't "count" the same way in my log, lol.

I know, right?

I've always wondered if by alternating long runs from Sunday to Saturday if there was any training benefit to be gained.

If you are running a 10 miler on the weekend, and 20 total throughout the week, then your log book would always read 30 miles per week, but you would have the impact of 20, 40, 20, 40.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

delicate flower

Whatcha say there, kiddos!!  Yeah, crawling out of bed at 6:30 when it felt like 5:30 wasn't easy, but I had to get my run done early.  10 miles done on the treadmill.  I wanted no part of the sub-zero temps today.  31 miles for the week, and it's funny because as triathlon training goes, I am still running a lot.

There are four people in my basement right now pedaling indoor bikes.

<3

From the Internet.

I know, right?

I've always wondered if by alternating long runs from Sunday to Saturday if there was any training benefit to be gained.

If you are running a 10 miler on the weekend, and 20 total throughout the week, then your log book would always read 30 miles per week, but you would have the impact of 20, 40, 20, 40.

Given how exhausted I was the week after doing that but how utterly strong and awesome I'm feeling now, I have to think there's something to it! I don't know that doing it all the time would be the same, but I suspect it functioned like a super week for me this time around.

This week I'm swapping long run days and hoping it'll have the opposite effect to the huge week (19 on Saturday, next week's half marathon/long run is on Sunday, so I might feel a little more rested and fresh going into it, and then I head into a recovery week).

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 5 with it 27 and a stiff wind.  It felt like about 20, but I got the clothes right this morning.  I've had a sore toe for 3 weeks, and it has felt much better the last two days.  52.6 miles for the week.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 10 miles on the TM later.

Damaris

LRB

Whatcha say there, kiddos!!  Yeah, crawling out of bed at 6:30 when it felt like 5:30 wasn't easy, but I had to get my run done early.  10 miles done on the treadmill.  I wanted no part of the sub-zero temps today.  31 miles for the week, and it's funny because as triathlon training goes, I am still running a lot.

There are four people in my basement right now pedaling indoor bikes.

lol

Might as well rent it out as a training studio.

Zelanie

You know somebody done put some shit in the game. 

I went to a runner party last night. We were talking about racea, and somehow somebody opened up the registration website ...

LRB

I know, right?

I used a similar protocol for my first marathon during the buildup phase. I cannot recall for certain, but I think I averaged something like the mid 30s for miles per week, and "peaked" in the 40s ().

I did the Sunday-Saturday long runs and had a couple of weekends where I did back to back days of 10 miles, which doesn't sound like much now, but was big for me back then.