Beginners and Beyond

Anatomy for Runners (Read 110 times)

Village people

They are both basically a one-legged squats in effect.   You will feel it in the leg that stays on the step - with the back leg you are just trying to reach backwards (or sideways in the second one) - doing nothing more than making your other leg work to pull it back.   No pushing off, just a toe touch with that leg, while the other carries the load.

If I have to make a video, worlds may implode.

But seriously, I have never felt a burn in my tuckus like I have with this exercise lol

Add a bicep curl at the top of that block and that would be something I did this morning.  I go to a workout class a couple times a week and mentioned that I needed to work on hip and glute stuff (I got that from that book!), so she always works something in for me.

Hip Redux

I couldn't  really do a bicep curl with this one because to counter reaching backwards with the back leg, you have to lean forward with your arms.  Though maybe people with better balance could lol

Village people

I couldn't  really do a bicep curl with this one because to counter reaching backwards with the back leg, you have to lean forward with your arms.  Though maybe people with better balance could lol

I thought the second pic was a different exercise. I get it now, lol.

Hip Redux

I thought the second pic was a different exercise. I get it now, lol.

This is where a movie would help lol The second one is sort of the same but the leg reaches out to the side - still have to counter balance with the upper body.