Beginners and Beyond

Week 41 Penguins, you matter to me!! (10/06-10/12) (Read 13 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Today is You Matter To Me Day, apparently started by a woman who lost a friend in an accident and realized she had never told him that he mattered to her.  So, since we really don't say that enough to each other, y'all matter to me!  I enjoy hearing about Docket's office stuff and move to Indy and runs, and I enjoy hearing about Ginny's hikes and hubby and dog and camping adventures.  I'm glad y'all are here!

Biking and yoga done.  Making progress on a work project, and my lecture for this afternoon is about 3/4 finished.  Woo-hoo!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

HM - sounds like you got a good start to your week.

Today is probably a rest day for me, which is good since it's raining,  but not so good in other ways. I may do the exercise bike.

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  My Sunday and Monday started bad with Lowes fucking up the washer installation and flooding my first floor (sniff, my hardwood floors, waaahh).  There does not seem to be much damage but there was a lot of water so we shall see.  Lowes is already on the ball with a claim # and all.

I have 5 miles tonight.

Y'all matter to me as well.  I love reading about Dusty's adventures, and your lab occurrences, yoga and biking, choir, etc.  Love hearing about Ginny's adventures, hiking, races too.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, y'all!!  So I was pretty sure yesterday that I broke my class.  It was a tough concept that I was teaching, and the quiz was definitely not a cakewalk, and I spent my evening planning to go over the quiz next Monday and explain how to go about getting the right answer, etc etc.  I graded the quizzes this morning, and there were only like 4 or 5 people who missed the complicated question.  I let folks re-take it for half credit on the questions they missed, and I've asked them to come to the lab if they want to do that this time, so we can go over the concept if they don't understand.  I was surprised to see that the info apparently came across ok after all, for most people!

Yoga and biking done.  I needed a raincoat, and maybe a pair of pants.  So I was chilly and slightly damp by the time I got here. 

Docket_Rocket

Thanks to your teaching skills, I am sure!

I have an RD.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Hi all,

Yesterday was sick day for me, as both DH and I had dentist appointments.  We dropped my car off for new tires, got our teeth cleaned, had lunch, and then went for a nice hike.  It was a really perfect day -- not much in the way of leaf changes yet, but sunny, temps in the 70's, nobody else out on the trail, just a really nice day.  Then home for a little bit of chill and dinner, picked up my car, and headed off to quartet rehearsal.  So much happy!!

Yoga done today, then chorus rehearsal tonight. 

Docket_Rocket

Yeah, this week sounds horrible so far to me as well.

I had to go to the ER on Tuesday afternoon because my right foot was swollen.  I still didn't think it was a big deal because that's the leg that got all bloodied and scratched when I fell while running last week, but hubby thought it was good to check for blood clots since our recent drive was long.  So, no clots, maybe a sprain (I doubt it since there is no pain and I can run) and thanks husband, you got me a tetanus shot. Gah.

Ran 6 last night, I have 5 tonight.

HopesMom, glad you had a great day yesterday.  Enjoy the rehearsal tonight.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

HM - that sounds like a lovely day, aside from the dentist part.

D - I hope the swelling is down today. Can you put your foot up when you are at your desk? Good luck with the floor replacement. When does your husband return to Indy?

Docket_Rocket

Unfortunately, this desk is not conducive to that.  I'm trying to walk more often and it's not as swollen today.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

No trash can you can use for a stool?

Docket_Rocket

I could use my trashcan but not all day.  It gets full pretty easy between breakfast and lunch.  My new desk is not conducive to putting something under it either but I'll figure it out.  It's not swollen now since I am laying in bed not wanting to run.  There are 10 fucking fans in the house and 1/4 of my new house floors are gone.  And I don't think they are done because I didn't see any walls being treated or destroyed yet.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

D, what a nightmare!!!  Hoping Lowe's compensates the hell out of you!!

Biking and yoga done, looking at a really busy day, but so glad it's Friday!!

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  I didn't run last night, got home to 1/4 of the floors being removed, 10 fans everywhere and lots of freaked out cats, so I ordered some Olive Garden, had a drink and went to bed by 9:30pm.

I have 5 tonight.

HopesMom, glad you were able to do them all!

Damaris

Fundraising Page