Beginners and Beyond

Out with the old, in with the new New Year's DAILIES (Read 42 times)

Hip Redux

Who is starting 2014 off with a run?

Hip Redux

Heading out in a few minutes to run a low key trail run - 6 hours, run the loop as many times as you want/can.  Aside from the feels like temps in the single digits and the fact that I really, really wanted to sleep in, should be fun.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

The track club has a 10k fun run this morning, but I'm not going to do it. I did my first run in a while last night, just 2.1 miles, and I found that I really lost some speed. My wind is way down - like 1:30 per mile slower than last year and I only ran 2.1 instead of the full 4.2 mile race.

But it's coming back. There's no hurry.

Happy New Year, All!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Good morning Oski and Tom........looks like every one else is sleeping in this morning.

enjoy the trail run Oski, you probably won't even feel the cold after a couple laps.

Slow and easy is the only way to come back Tom. Hope it continues.

No run planned for me today. I'm am planning on a trip to REI in St Louis with DW and  DS. He has had a gift card for a while he wants to spend. Then 4-6 inches of snow tonight.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

delicate flower

MtnBikerChk is!  Big grin  I will be joining her.  Good luck with your six hour run, Oski!

Happy New Year, runners!  Looks like we'll be starting it with a foot of snow tonight.

Anchorman 2 last night.  It was funny.  I laughed a lot.  I spent the last 30 minutes of the movie wondering what the hell they were smoking when they wrote it.  

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

As of last night at 11:05 p.m I am officially registered for the 2014 Indianapolis Monumental Marathon!!!!! Woohoo!!!! Now I've got 11 months to obsess over it and learn without injury Smile

Right now, Rocky and I are headed out for a 7 miler......... it's supposed to be a progression run but I am not feeling 100% so we'll just go by feel today.

Happy New Year everyone!!!! I hope 2014 is awesome and even better for you than 2013 was!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Me!

Not ots sure the distance yet. I need to get my butt out the door and see how the hip is doing today.

Marjorie

delicate flower

Looks like we'll be starting it with a foot of snow tonight.

Tomorrow night, dumbass.

<3

Morning dailies -- Happy New Year!:

Oski - 6 hours in the cold doesn't sound so low-key, have fun and try to stay warm.

Tom - yes, it will come back

Sparker - have a safe drive

Baboon - good luck with the snow flurry tonight tomorrow night

Free - plenty of time, good for you on signing up

Marjorie - hope the hip feels ok

Happy New Year everyone!

Currently 10 degrees with a windchill of -2, and a bunch of new snow on the ground. Treadmill, anyone? Will hit it later at some point.

Oski -  - good luck with that!

Dave

As of last night at 11:05 p.m I am officially registered for the 2014 Indianapolis Monumental Marathon!!!!! 

Congrats!

Dave

LRB

Currently 10 degrees with a windchill of -2, and a bunch of new snow on the ground. Treadmill, anyone? Will hit it later at some point.

Similar temps on the east side but I hope there is not too much snow out there, I sure was not planning on a treadmill run today.  Guess I better go check...

Just B.S.

Happy 2014, we made it!

Since the feels like temp is already at the predicted high for today of -22F and I cannot run until

tonight due to families New Year dinner today, my first run of this year will be on the mill.

Today marks the start of concurrent full marathon and Half Iron training for hubby and I. Full is

May 11 Half Iron is July 5 and 3 or 4 other races  (5 k, 5  mile, two sprint tris) before and in between.

Sort of proud of  my 52 yr old self who could not swim 50 yards exactly one year ago that 2,000 is

now normal  and I have paid for my first half iron race. Smile

I never follow a formal  marathon plan but since I am a Half Iron first timer I am following a plan for

that and simply fitting in the same 35 mpw I ran twice this year for a 4:10 and 4:12 marathon. That

should get me to the start line of both racds ready and injury free.

Best of luck to all in their 2014 endeavours!

Hip Redux

Y'all are out ya damn minds if you thought I was doing all 6 hours!    1.5 hours for me, two loops.  The elevation was brutal -

There is a hot shower in my immediate future.

Mmmmm...beer

I am!  Just as soon as my breakfast settles, I'm gonna run, maybe at the lake. Smile

Good luck Oski!

Hope everyone has fantastic runs today!

I signed up for my marathon yesterday before the price hike, and then signed up for a 5k this morning that a friend is involved in, $20 New Year's special.  Nothing like starting the year with some race registrations. Smile

My first race of the year is on Saturday, a 10 miler that's part of the distance series that my club puts on to prep for the Shamrock Marathon.  There's a shorter series as well to prep for the half, I did that last year.  This year they decided to switch to miles instead of kilometers.  Last year it was 20/25/30k for the long series, this year it's 10/15/20 miles.  My plan is to race the 10 miler hard to see where my fitness is, then use the 15 and 20 milers as MP runs.

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!