Beginners and Beyond

Too "fat" for a massage? (Read 251 times)

What was the time limit on that course?  I'm just thinking that if you're at 3:02 with 5.1 miles yet to go, you might not want to stop for pictures.

unless you are at disney Smile

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Now I have serious doubts that she even walked the entire thing.  The course time limit was 4 hours, and yes she crossed the finish line, but here are the options they give to those that fall behind the time limit according to the website:

Course Time Limits

To ensure that roads reopen to vehicular traffic at the scheduled times, the course time limits will be STRICTLY ENFORCED. Participants must maintain a pace faster than the course time limits in order to complete the race on closed city streets. A cut-off location will be enforced on the course; runners or walkers who do not reach the cut-off location by this time will be stopped and shuttled to the finish line area. Please note – this is timing tag time, not gun time. Course time limits begin when the last participant and Tail Vehicle cross the start line.

If a participant’s pace falls below the course time limit, they have a few options:

• Increase their pace to stay within the event minimum pace;
      • Board a “sag wagon” shuttle to move forward on the course, where they may continue to participate in the event, maintaining the minimum pace required; or
      • If the participant cannot continue, they may board a sag wagon to be dropped off at the next shuttle location, at a nearby medical station. The participant will be seen by a Medical Team captain to be cleared for the medical shuttle to transport the participant to the finish line.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

RnR enforces their rules very strictly.  Roll eyes

You people have issues 

racecat

Goddess of the Cuisine

That's what kills me about 90% of these Facebook/social media "causes"....at least half the people are clueless and don't even know the whole story or the person themselves.

Sometimes when I need the lulz, I like and unlike those pages.

In transit, arriving on time.